Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefan Schneider
Germany
Stockstadt
flag msg tools
badge
Hello,

Machina Arcana was the first game I actually backed on kickstarter. And I really do love it! The atmosphere, the artwork, the stories....
Talked to Juraj in Essen 2014, which was great, too. I probably kept confusing him, because he was talking about the soundtrack and I thought it was part of the digital download and just kept saying that I should have it somewhere on my computer... Anyway. Bought the soundtrack and it really fits the theme, complementing the gameplay, been playing it in the background during out last game, cudos to the composer!

But yes, the challenge. Any of you guys been following the challenge to play 10 games 10 times in 2015?

I've added Machina Arcana to my hardcore list. I really do enjoy playing the game, it was, for me, the first game I was actually getting really anxious while playing it solo. I still remember the first time I played scenario 2. I kept exploring the chapter spaces and was like: okay, now there's got to be an exit to the base camp...
Okay, but surely, the next one...
Okay, but the next one just has to be... oh god, a level 4 monster...

I still haven't won that scenario but I really enjoyed it every single time.

And I have a couple of friends who also enjoyed the game, kept pestering me on when we were going to play it again. So I decided to put it on the list, to finally successfully! finish all the scenarios and maybe even come up with a few off our own.

Any of you guys doing the challenge, too and have put it on the list? Would be intersting to see what character you played and if you won or not.

My hardcore list for the challenge: 10x10 list
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konrad Borowiecki
United Kingdom
Cardiff
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck with your challenge Stefan.

I enjoyed playing the 2nd scenario last night with my wife. It was heck of a ride, as you describe, we were asking ourselves where the exit will be or if any.
Dealing with the 4 level monster was a piece of cake as I had a Dominator staff equipped so I simply 'asked' the monster politely to head on straight back into the pit from which it has came

I think this staff is the best. I went into the room on the right so monsters were focused on me while my wife went left to deal with the Spawn and the veins than the spine with the high level upgraded bow.

I only hope & trust I read the rules right that you can in fact force any monster to jump into a pit otherwise I don't want to imagine what the monster would do to us

Also treating 0 as 0 instead of 10 was helpful though only like 4 times.

All the Best.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Schneider
Germany
Stockstadt
flag msg tools
badge
Thank you

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who was anxious to find the exit in this scenario.

And I think you should be okay with deposing the monster in the pit, you can move it as you want and in theory you could choose to throw yourself into a pit, too. So you should be fine

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.