Popular Tags: [View All]
Hidden Among the Leaves
Greece
Heraklion
Crete
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Or much ado about (almost) nothingshake

I played the last days some games of the revised Ed. of Tannhauser. I wanted to like it - no, I wanted to love it. The setting, the miniatures, the background were excellent. But the gameplay was inadequate. Lack of tactical depth, not many choices, it felt like something BIG was missing

I will give it some more chances but I am very disappointed. It could be an excellent skirmish game.

M.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
Ash nazg durbatulûk
badge
#YOLO!
mbmbmbmbmb
It IS an excellent skirmish game. In fact, we no longer play with the maps from the boxes, and used modified tabletop miniature rules combined with the standard, relatively unaltered base game rules.

Take movement, fore xample. Movement 6 would now allow you to move your miniature 6 inches.

Line of sight (LOS): as long as you can draw a straight line from your mini to the opponent, you can "see" him, and thus attack.

Everything else stays as it is.

Ranges of weapons/explosions: use a standard tabletop explosion overlay to determine who will be affected by a blast.

Other ranges: just convert Circles to inches and measure the distance.

There you go.

We started to make a pdf some time ago, implementing the HELLBOY/B.P.R.D. universe (plus a couple of own inventions and new characters with new rules and weaponry) in the Tannhäuser setting, and it works quite well.

You might as well use tabletop terrain, invent your own missions, etc. with not that much effort.

And you don't need to learn new rules. Giv it a try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Leigh
United Kingdom
Richmond
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent thought. Must try that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
Ash nazg durbatulûk
badge
#YOLO!
mbmbmbmbmb
Do that.

Here are some pictures to see what it looks like with extra terrain ( I think it was terrain from WorldWorx) and HeroClix miniatures for custom characters:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.