Benjamin Goertz
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
NA NA NA NA . . .
mbmbmbmbmb
Obviously this was something most of us were already thinking but I think if Cryptozoic goes with Rivals - Superman vs Lex Luthor it would be perfect.

I think the 2 card type system would work great with Suparman being Heroes/Super Powers and Lex being Villains/Equipment.

Then you can run a 2v2 game with Batman/Superman versus Joker/Lex Luthor. I think it would balance buying your types against both your opponent and your teammate and in a way that fits thematically better than the original team mode from the first game's rulebook.

What do all of you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Galietta III
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I could see that. I'd rather they just went single types, to make it a bit more divergent from BvJ. Super Powers for Superman and Equipment for Lex. A (super)Man vs. (super)Machine showdown.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah.

I've already divided up the decks to separate Batman and Joker decks.

This way I can play Superman by Batman.

Of course Batman will win.

-DK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Other possibilities:

Green Lantern vs Sinestro
Wonder Woman vs Circe or vs Pantheon of Gods (I was never a fan of Cheetah)
Teen Titans vs Deathstroke

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Goertz
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
NA NA NA NA . . .
mbmbmbmbmb
okami31 wrote:
Other possibilities:

I was thinking of Green Lantern vs Sinestro but I did't think it would be as thematically linked with the similar oversized card structure Batman vs Joker has.

I would like to see Wonder Woman vs ... as well, but I can't think of a good technology/equipment villain for her. Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BenJazz wrote:
okami31 wrote:
Other possibilities:

I was thinking of Green Lantern vs Sinestro but I did't think it would be as thematically linked with the similar oversized card structure Batman vs Joker has.

I would like to see Wonder Woman vs ... as well, but I can't think of a good technology/equipment villain for her. Thoughts?

Technology against Wonder Woman? Wouldn't WW be the technology user with a sundry of weapons, armor and that giant Amazon cannon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Goertz
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
NA NA NA NA . . .
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, the thought was how to provide a comparable Rivals with the current oversized abilities so I was thinking Heroes/Super Powers against Villains/Equipment... thus Superman vs Luthor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing to be sorry about. I was just realizing that WW is more of an equipment user than one would think. Lasso, sword, shield, gauntlets, tiara, invisible jet, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Goertz
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
NA NA NA NA . . .
mbmbmbmbmb
You are right on that note.

Though her New 52 "Demi-God" status throws a kink in that... we will assume classic Wonder Woman though (haha)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Chavez
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shazam vs Black Adam would really cause me to ascend into Geek Nirvana. Of course since they are light/dark mirrors of each other the whole division of super powers/equipment may need tweeking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Berman
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I could see a Rock of Eternity location as well as WHIZ Radio Station

Heroes could be the other Fawcett heroes like Ibis, Bulletman, Bulletgirl etc

Villians would be Dr Sivanna, Mr Mind etc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Chavez
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DrEris wrote:
I could see a Rock of Eternity location as well as WHIZ Radio Station

Heroes could be the other Fawcett heroes like Ibis, Bulletman, Bulletgirl etc

Villians would be Dr Sivanna, Mr Mind etc

The decks definitely build themselves readily. Wisdom of Solomon, Strength of Hercules, Stamina of Atlas, Power of Zeus, Courage of Achilles, and Speed of Mercury along with Black Adam's equivalents are no brainers for Super Powers. Mary Marvel, Captain Marvel Jr. and Tawky Tawny are obvious choices along with Isis, Osiris, and Sobek for heroes and villains. 7 deadly enemies of man, Ibac, Sabbac, the Council of Wizards, Wizard Shazam, Blaze, Satanus, The Shadow Pact are all possibilities. Equipment would be a bit of a stretch, but it could be done at a low level without seeming too tortured..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Berman
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Equipment

Bullet helmet
Swing line (Mr. Scarlet)
Ibis' Wand
Mysterious Subway Car

Just some thoughts :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Bui
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BenJazz wrote:
Obviously this was something most of us were already thinking but I think if Cryptozoic goes with Rivals - Superman vs Lex Luthor it would be perfect.

I think the 2 card type system would work great with Suparman being Heroes/Super Powers and Lex being Villains/Equipment.

Then you can run a 2v2 game with Batman/Superman versus Joker/Lex Luthor. I think it would balance buying your types against both your opponent and your teammate and in a way that fits thematically better than the original team mode from the first game's rulebook.

What do all of you think?

I would support this expansion. I really hope for a superman vs lex luthor expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Red Fox
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Flash vs. Reverse Flash anyone?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Bui
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dimedrl wrote:

Superman and flash are my favorite heroes so I would definetly support a flash vs reverse flash haha
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Prescott Valley
Arizona
flag msg tools
mb
If they do Superman comes next (Which, how does he not?) Then I would prefer Superman Vs Darkseid or even Doomsday. But Lex wouldn't be so bad either.

Some other fun head-to-head battles:

Black Canary Vs. Lady Shiva
Green Lantern Vs. Sinestro
Wonder Woman Vs. Ares
The Flash Vs. Captain Cold
Hawkgirl Vs. Amazo
Green Arrow Vs. Deathstroke
Starfire Vs. Blackfire

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pruitt
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
dimedrl wrote:

Totally agree! That or Flash vs Captain Cold
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.