1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [28] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: A Mad Tea-Party rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ron
United States
flag msg tools

And where once there was a man who was guilty of murdering time, there is now only the cacophony of a merry little tea-party. Bright and musical or somber and gray or surprising and happy or sad and crying. Because there is no pattern to what happens at a tea-party, there is simply the party and everything else that surrounds it is momentary and eventually lost in memory.

As for this particular tea-party, there had once been a sad little man and his friend the march hare. A quiet little dormouse would intrude from time to time with his thoughts. Others would come and go, notably a young girl that would ask very peculiar questions. But they had all gone about their merry way, growing tired of the perpetual tea.

Now, there was a very different crowd.

-----------------------------------------------

In this eleven-player game, each player has a role to fill. Of these roles, we have the following:

Good Roles:

Seer
- Each night receives a vision of a target player and learns the players nature (Wolf/Not Wolf). The seer receives a vision on Night 0 of one randomly chosen player that is not a wolf. Thereafter, the seer chooses which player to view. If the seer is not present / does not give an order, they will receive a random negative view out of all players who were alive after lynch.

Hunter - If only two players remain in the game and the hunter is one of those players, then the good team wins even if the other player is a werewolf. He is brutal when killed. The brutal kill is mandatory. If there is no order in modchat, then it will be selected at random.

Martyr - Each night, may choose one player, and if that player is targeted for night kill, the martyr will die in his place. The martyr may choose the same person consecutively without restriction. Notice that martyr does not work to stop lynches or the brutal retaliation ability.

5 Villagers - Ordinary villagers with no special powers or traits.

Evil Roles:

2 Werewolves
- The werewolves know each other's identity and may chat without restriction. Each night the wolves choose one target player to kill. There is no kill on Night 0. If there is a werewolf alive, the last night kill order will go through - even if the last player to place a night kill order has died since the order was given. (Example: Player A and B are werewolves. Player A selects a Night Kill target during the day, but is lynched. If Player B is still alive and has not put in a more recent Night Kill order, Player A's Night Kill order will be carried out.)
One of the wolves is brutal and must kill another player if killed. The brutal is mandatory. If there is no order in modchat, the brutal will be selected randomly from all of the non-wolves. Notice: In this version of the P11, both wolves will be given a Retaliate order. Only the first one that is used is the one that will be implemented. Yes, this means it doesn't matter which werewolf is killed first.
Notice 2: In the case where the only surviving Werewolf player has been put up for replacement (whether voluntarily or via the Proof of Life rule), the moderator will enact random NKs from all available non-wolves.

Sorcerer-Cultist - The sorcerer knows the identity of the werewolves and wins with them, even if dead. Each night, he may view a player to see if they are the seer or not. He gets a random negative N0 view.

Victory Conditions:

Good - All good players win if all werewolves are eliminated, or if the last two players remaining are the hunter and one werewolf.

Evil - All evil players win if the wolves achieve parity: if at any time the number of wolves remaining equals the number of non-wolves remaining. However, if one wolf is left with the hunter, then good wins.

Draw - If everyone dies, then I win and all players end in a draw. (Actually impossible in this roleset ...)

Brutal Rules:

The Brutal Kill is simultaneous to all other actions, i.e.: The Brutal Werewolf is lynched and targets the Brutal Hunter. If the Brutal Hunter's order is still on the Brutal Werewolf, there is no other death.
If the Brutal's target died BEFORE the Brutal Character, then the kill will be chosen at random.
In the endgame scenario where there is: 1 Hunter, 1 Wolf, and 1 other non-wolf (Villager, Good special, Sorcerer), and the Hunter is killed and targets the wolf, the wolf will be killed, and good wins. Parity will be checked after all processing is complete.
If the brutal hunter is killed and does not have an order in, his brutal will be any random player, as selected by Cassandra.
If the first werewolf killed does not have a brutal order in, his brutal will be a random non-wolf, as selected by Cassandra.

Lynch Rules:

Each day players vote for one player to be lynched. The player receiving the most votes is killed. If there is a tie between two or more players, the tied player with the longest held last vote is killed.

Lynch time is 3:00 PM BGG Time. Votes cast with the lynch time time-stamp are counted. Votes cast after this time are invalid. Votes made during the night phase are invalid.

All votes must conform to the Cassandra Vote Tally System rules. (Will be posted once the game starts). If all living players vote night fall it will speed up the dusk. If there is a tie in the lynch votes, it will be broken by longest held last vote.

Night Orders:

Wolves, Seer, Martyr, and Sorcerer must all submit their night orders by Dawn. Dawn will be at 4:00 PM BGG time. Players can do this by using the Cassandra Game Order system in the Cassandra Chat System.

If all living players (including those with out night actions) click on the 'Lock Game Actions' button it will speed up Dawn.

Role Reveal:

All roles will be revealed on death (regardless of method)(Full Role Reveal).

Replacement / Posting Rules:

This is not a "Post For Your Life" game. However, anyone who does not communicate at least once during a Dawn - Dusk cycle will be put up for replacement. Valid communication includes:
Posting in the thread,
Talking in your Modchat in Cassandra, or
Geekmailing the moderator.
Exceptions will obviously be made for anyone that announces ahead of time that they will be away from the internet.
Players will be allowed to replace themselves (clicking on the replace icon indicates that you are near the internet - right?).

Please do not sign up for the game if you do not plan on being an active player. Thank you.
You are also required to show a proof of life prior to "12 hours before first dusk".
Please note that these are "bare minimums". The moderator has the right to hit the replace button in spite of your meeting the "one post per day" guideline if you are unresponsive to geekmails / modchat queries. This will not be done capriciously and will only be done after consultation with outside parties, to ensure objectivity.

Please don't post after the Dusk/Dawn deadline, even if the mod has not told you to stop posting. Warnings will be given for first offenses, but repeated offenses might have consequences.

Making out-of-game promises to other players in order to influence their actions in a game is against the rules, so is quoting something told to you by the moderator directly from your hidden modchat, unless the rules of a game specifically say otherwise or the moderator has given you explicit permission. Paraphrasing such things is usually allowed.

Personal attacks or offensive language will merit a warning. Second offense will merit a modkill. Granted, this is subjective, so I will always get a second opinion before acting. Regardless, I'm tired of the hostility and the occasional attitude.
Police yourselves, please.

META RULES:

As this is meant to be a "learning" style game, I incorporate a number of "Metas" into the Hi series of games.
1. There is an informal "Do Not Lynch" the newbie on D1. This is not set in stone and I am simply asking that you have good and solid reasons for lynching a brand new player on D1. Lynching a new player is not forbidden and will not be punished, but we are trying to encourage active participation and killing off newer players will discourage any expanding player base.
NOTICE
Just because a player does not have a long record on BGG/Cassy, that does not make them a "new" player. Do not rely upon the first three metas when making your lynch decisions.
2. Brand new players will be provided the opportunity to have an in-chat advisor/mentor, who will only have as much information as the player. This other player will have read-access to the thread and can talk to them in modchat.
Any reference to your mentor (or other people's mentors) in-game will be highly frowned upon. They are meant to provide friendly assistance and nothing more than that.
3. Arbitrary rule inserted here to see who actually reads these.
4. Editing posts is discouraged, but in most cases, it will not elicit anything other than a "tsk, tsk" from another player. However, if you [vote nightfall] and then edit your post to cancel that vote, you will be modkilled. There are no second chances.
5. Deleting posts is considered very poor form. Unless you are deleting one of two identical posts, just let it go.
6. If you post game-changing information after the dusk/dawn time - for example, seer views, fake seer views, sorcerer views - you and a random member of your team will be modkilled. This is not negotiable.
A. This does not require the moderator to say "No posting." If dusk is at 4:00 and you post something that reflects 4:01, you are late.
B. If the moderator posts "No posting" at 4:00:15 and you post at 4:00:20, you have still posted after the no posting rule.
Accidentally continuing a conversation / posting a silly comment after the moderator has posted 'No posting' will not warrant any punishment (unless it is game-changing or repetitive).
It is YOUR responsibility to monitor for dusk/dawn.

Important Information:
Tiebreaker: longest held last vote
Lynch time: 3:00 PM BGG Time
Night Action Deadline: 4:00 PM BGG Time

Weekend Policy: No game actions will process over the American weekend, although players will be free to post and use chats as desired.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

This game will start on 08 January, if full.

As an FYI, here's Snaak's "Guide to Playing Werewolf on BGG!" (now maintained by PeteVasi).

Here is a Dictionary of terms that are used often in our BGG WW games: /wiki/page/BGG_Werewolf_PBF_Dictionary

Here is a (not all-inclusive) list of Roles that are commonly used here on the Geek: /wiki/page/BGG_Werewolf_PBF_Role_List

BoardGameGeek and thecassandraproject both base their time functions on THIS server:
http://us.pool.ntp.org/
It doesn't account for your personal delay in posting, but it will help show you what time it is in BGG-land. Use the information as you will. (Basically, sniping is not forbidden, but if you mess it up, your team will suffer.)

Please note that the moderator does not have consistent access to The Cassandra Project during the standard business day, M-F (eastern time). Out-of-thread contact will have to be conducted via geekmail during those hours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
If you want to play, geekmail me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List According to Cassandra:
Benesephiir
DeMorcerf
ErintheRed
Irina_Phoenix
ljtrigirl
nolemonplease
Rhanddom
RoyalApe
SamNzed
scouterificus
shawnad2006

11 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/1296...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
With Trigirl being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. Just don't lock clear her for tone. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably just be murdalated.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
mbmbmbmbmb
This roster is absolutely beautiful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
ljtrigirl wrote:
Put down the mirror, Ron.

Edit in to include the reference that at the time, LJ was RP'ing Ron Burgundy.
... I am obviously not talking to myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edna Lindebury
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I don't flirt. I just say what I want." -JJ
badge
"Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass." -Cordelia
mbmbmbmbmb
LET'S GO TEAM SEXY LADIES

#middlestspoon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Morcerf
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
It is an art -- the growing of the moustache! I have sympathy for all who attempt it.
badge
You can dwell on the sh*t, or you can just leave it behind in people's beds & keep going.
mbmbmbmbmb
ErintheRed wrote:

#middlestspoon

Just don't go all Stepford Wives on us, Erin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
With Trigirl being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. Just don't lock clear her for tone. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably just be murdalated.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
linguistfromhell wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:
Put down the mirror, Ron.

Edit in to include the reference that at the time, LJ was RP'ing Ron Burgundy.
... I am obviously not talking to myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
mbmbmbmbmb
ErintheRed wrote:

#middlestspoon

I am feeling outnumbered...and I like it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Morcerf
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
It is an art -- the growing of the moustache! I have sympathy for all who attempt it.
badge
You can dwell on the sh*t, or you can just leave it behind in people's beds & keep going.
mbmbmbmbmb
RoyalApe wrote:
ErintheRed wrote:

#middlestspoon

You know that's right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Morcerf
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
linguistfromhell wrote:
Evil Roles:

2 Werewolves
- The werewolves know each other's identity and may chat without restriction. Each night the wolves choose one target player to kill. There is no kill on Night 0. If there is a werewolf alive, the last night kill order will go through - even if the last player to place a night kill order has died since the order was given. (Example: Player A and B are werewolves. Player A selects a Night Kill target during the day, but is lynched. If Player B is still alive and has not put in a more recent Night Kill order, Player A's Night Kill order will be carried out.)
One of the wolves is brutal and must kill another player if killed. The brutal is mandatory. If there is no order in modchat, the brutal will be selected randomly from all of the non-wolves. Notice: In this version of the P11, both wolves will be given a Retaliate order. Only the first one that is used is the one that will be implemented. Yes, this means it doesn't matter which werewolf is killed first.
Notice 2: In the case where the only surviving Werewolf player has been put up for replacement (whether voluntarily or via the Proof of Life rule), the moderator will enact random NKs from all available non-wolves.

Sorcerer-Cultist - The sorcerer knows the identity of the werewolves and wins with them, even if dead. Each night, he may view a player to see if they are the seer or not. He gets a random negative N0 view.

Why I'm not scared of you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I don't remember eating corn!
mbmbmbmbmb
RoyalApe wrote:
ErintheRed wrote:

#middlestspoon

I am feeling like a designated wingman... and I'm used to it... and good at it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clem Fandango
New Zealand
WELLINGTON
flag msg tools
Stephen, it's Clem Fandango. Can you hear me?
badge
YES I can hear you Clem Fandango!
mbmbmbmbmb
I want in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
mbmbmbmbmb
SamNzed wrote:
I want in!

I think you would be great fit. 3pm lynch ok for you though?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Will update and prep in the morning when I'm not on my phone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Game is "in progress", but no roles have been given. So, if you need a quiet place to give me shit (like any of you are the quiet type), you can use your chat.

Otherwise, feel free to ignore the game until I ID roles and all the extra stuff tomorrow. I will geekmail you when the game is tallying votes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clem Fandango
New Zealand
WELLINGTON
flag msg tools
Stephen, it's Clem Fandango. Can you hear me?
badge
YES I can hear you Clem Fandango!
mbmbmbmbmb
RoyalApe wrote:
SamNzed wrote:
I want in!

I think you would be great fit. 3pm lynch ok for you though?

I doubt it But I'm trying to get up early just now.

But it's Ron and Caitlin and the Mad Hatter; what's not to like?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
linguistfromhell wrote:
Game is "in progress", but no roles have been given. So, if you need a quiet place to give me shit (like any of you are the quiet type), you can use your chat.

Otherwise, feel free to ignore the game until I ID roles and all the extra stuff tomorrow. I will geekmail you when the game is tallying votes.

Alright. Lemon asked that first lynch be on the 8th. That's tomorrow. Not sure why long D3s are better than long D1s, but hey, I do what I'm told.
... usually.

But there are a lot of other games running. Geekmail me by today's imaginary scheduled dusk (3 PM BGG) today if you need the game to be postponed.

You're all good players, but I don't know your current stress levels. So, here's your chance to have a voice. Lemme know, please.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Morcerf
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Is that a yes or a no to postponing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Run it!

This timing was specifically picked for a reason.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
ljtrigirl wrote:
Run it!

Says the addict.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
linguistfromhell wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:
Run it!

Says the addict.
Nice timing on your edit, btw. It literally popped into my quote block AFTER I hit the quick quote.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Morcerf
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
linguistfromhell wrote:

It's a: "We're all mad here already, so what does it matter."

I assume Lemon wanted that date for a reason, so who am I to stand in the way of her genius madness.

//

What was LJ's edit?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
DeMorcerf wrote:
linguistfromhell wrote:

It's a: "We're all mad here already, so what does it matter."

I assume Lemon wanted that date for a reason, so who am I to stand in the way of her genius madness.

//

What was LJ's edit?

The second line?

And if I don't ask about postponing, people have an excuse to whine. If I do ask, then hey, you're in as many games as you're in. Heh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [28] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.