Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthias Staber
Germany
Boeblingen
Baden-Wuerttemberg
flag msg tools
mbmb
I have three questions:

1. On p. 30, Counter Reformation Procedure, 1. Pick Target Space, the rules say: "Be adjacent to a space under Catholic inluence...", while the similar rules on Reformation atempts on p. 29 say: "Be adjacent to a space under Protestant religious influence (even if across a pass..."

So Counter Reformation attempts cannot target spaces across a pass? If this is the case, I am confused by the following sentence on p. 30, 2. Ad Up Catholic Dice: "The Papacy always rolls at least 1 die, even if none of the items above applies to the target space."

If my understanding of above rule is correct, there always will be at least 1 Catholic space adcacent to the target which is not across a pass.

2. Winter: Can units move into destination spaces (controlled fortified spaces / Capitals) which are in unrest? Do they suffer attrition if they do so? (rules on p. 33, 1. Check Stacking Violations: "The stack takes attrition (see above) if its path must CROSS a space in unrest..." The rules do not say "cross or move into"...

3. Just to be sure: Units cannot move from one non-Capital-friendly-controlled-fortified-space to another during winter, but only to their Capital, right?

Thanks very much in advance,

Matthias

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Beach
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
1. The rulebook is in error on this one. You're interpreting things correctly. The "(even if across a pass..." phrase should have been added to the section on Counter Reformation attempts.

2. This is a very good question and I don't recall it being asked before. I would say that units CAN return to such a space (assuming it is under friendly control), but they would suffer attrition.

3. Correct!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Staber
Germany
Boeblingen
Baden-Wuerttemberg
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for the answers!

I have one additional question:

Do Capitals in unrest produce Winter Replacements?

Matthias

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Beach
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Matthias Staber wrote:
Thanks for the answers!

I have one additional question:

Do Capitals in unrest produce Winter Replacements?

Matthias

Matthias: Sorry for the delayed response. This just came up in another game; I better rule on it right now!

The ruling is that capitals in unrest do NOT produce winter replacements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bastos
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And do units in a capital in unrest suffer attrition when winter comes ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.