Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Eisenhauer
India
New Delhi
Delhi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Battle MasterssurpriseIt just dawned on me that one could probatly very easily convert MB's "Battle Masters" (Claymore Saga) into a variant of C&C: Ancients / Battlelore. Has anyone tried that already ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Universal Head
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Professional creative visual communication: www.universalhead.com
badge
Game summaries and reference sheets: www.headlesshollow.com
mbmbmbmbmb
We know the Battlelore map is the same as C&C: Ancients, ie 13 hexes wide by 9 deep. The Battlemasters map is 12 x 12 deep. Problem there. You'd probably have to ignore the terrain on the BM map (or you're stuck with the one configuration).

Also, you'd have to be able to remove the figures from the shared bases when you get casualties, so if you've stuck them on you have a problem. Cavalry matches - three to a stand, but infantry doesn't (five to a stand instead of BL's four).

It's rapidly starting to look like a hassle that isn't quite worth it ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
However, someone out there sells terrain hexes, so one could buy minis, paint them, get the terrain hexes, and make a cool variant for about $400. Heroscape tiles would probably work as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Heaton
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lost Battalion sells 132 double sided hexes for $40. They come in two color schemes, European (normal) and desert sand. They are at www.lostbattalion.com.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Eisenhauer
India
New Delhi
Delhi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not suggesting to substitute Battlelore with Battlemasters, I was thinking more in the line of making a better game out of the old MB game.
Come what may, I'm hellbend on buying Battlelore anyway. I don't think however, that converting Battlemasters would be too much of a hassle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antigonus Monophthalmus
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
That might be a really cool idea. You should post this in the BattleMasters forum.

Of course I have no idea how I would do this. I happen to think BattleMasters is an EXCELLENT game as it is

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.