Josiah Higginson
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Poll
1. I am/was:
Missing no cards!
Missing no cards, but uneasy about future expansions due to apparent quality control issues.
Missing some cards, received replacements and am happy with customer service.
Missing some cards, received replacements but am not happy with customer service.
Missing some cards, decided I didn't care enough to deal with customer service.
Missing some cards, waiting on customer service.
2. How much experience do you have with Upper Deck as a game company, and will you purchase again?
This was my first but probably not my last experience with Upper Deck.
This was my first and probably last experience with Upper Deck.
This was not my first experience with Upper Deck nor will it be my last.
This was not my first experience with Upper Deck but it will be my last.
      279 answers
Poll created by Zolgar

There's a lot of posts about missing cards, so I'm curious as to about what percentage of people actually got complete sets, and how people feel about Upper Decks' QC issues.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hank B
United States
Arlington Heights
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Given some of the cards are repeats or the set they belong to is written in very small print, I thought it might be a case of people overlooking cards and not realizing they had them. Sure enough I bought the game and was missing two cards. Took a long time to sort and count over 600 cards. Still waiting on my replacements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chelsea
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was fortunate enough to receive all the cards for Marvel Legendary, all Marvel Legendary expansions, and for Legendary Encounters. That said, I was not so lucky with Marvel Legendary Villains, which had a handful of cards missing. Customer service was average, but it took quite awhile to get my replacements, which was disappointing.

I will continue to do business with Upper Deck because I thoroughly enjoy the Legendary series of games. However, I acknowledge that I may be missing cards each time I buy one of their games or expansions, because I know their track record. I also know it will only be a minor inconvenience, because they will send me the missing cards sooner or later (just be sure to save you receipt of the game for proof of purchase!).

I do wish they would improve their card quality, do a better job of ensuring all components are included, and speed up their customer service, but none of these are so bad that I refuse to buy from them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad B
United States
Anderson
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Had a ton of missing cards with Legendary Encounters. Replacements were received without hassle and in the timeframe quoted. All the other Legendary games and expansions purchased have had no problems. I'll keeping buying them as long as they keep making them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Contemptus Mundi
United States
Cedar City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a useful poll. The number of threads about missing cards almost convinced me to pass on this game. Glad I didn't because my game was intact, and it's been a blast to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Aquilone
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I had to count and recount and then match up with the component list to ensure that I was not missing cards. I think the thing that threw me the most was that for some reason I was under the impression that all objective mini-decks were the same size and not that only within an objective level (i.e. level 1) were they the same size. But when I did a final count, had the correct number of cards. I guess it is possible that I have a duplicate of a card and am missing a card and don't know it. Is there a definitive card list somewhere? Probably on here somewhere just never looked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Contemptus Mundi
United States
Cedar City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
praquilone wrote:
I had to count and recount and then match up with the component list to ensure that I was not missing cards. I think the thing that threw me the most was that for some reason I was under the impression that all objective mini-decks were the same size and not that only within an objective level (i.e. level 1) were they the same size. But when I did a final count, had the correct number of cards. I guess it is possible that I have a duplicate of a card and am missing a card and don't know it. Is there a definitive card list somewhere? Probably on here somewhere just never looked.

Yes, there is a card manifest/log in the files section... very helpful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josiah Higginson
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still waiting on customer service myself.. My copy was a gift so I do not have a receipt (checked with the person who bought it for me, they didn't keep the receipt), so I now have to see if Upper Deck will actually fix their fuck up or fall back on the "well you don't have a receipt"...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mbmbmbmbmb
I choose "MISSING NO CARDS" but I was missing the rules book. I contacted Customer Service and received a replacement in under three weeks.

So I was pleased with how everything turned out.

Jim P

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I also must uncomfortably point out that due to the horrible tiny typeface and lousy sorting you receive the cards in that I believe at least 30% of people who think they are missing cards are not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Contemptus Mundi
United States
Cedar City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
I also must uncomfortably point out that due to the horrible tiny typeface and lousy sorting you receive the cards in that I believe at least 30% of people who think they are missing cards are not.

True... I was so close to contacting Upper Deck while sorting the game just because I had read all of the complaints about missing cards and couldn't figure out the sorting procedure. It's as if this entire game was picked up off the floor after a Tom Vasel video review component dump, and then shrink wrapped... what a mess!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Fitz
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CSI went out of stock on this over the holidays and then got in a new shipment. I purposely waited to order it hoping that the post GENCON print runs would have less flaws. We will see this weekend when I do the massive card count.

Edit: If it does turn out crappy and I need a receipt what do you provide them for online orders? I assume its a simple process just curious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Barrett
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Fizlah wrote:
CSI went out of stock on this over the holidays and then got in a new shipment. I purposely waited to order it hoping that the post GENCON print runs would have less flaws. We will see this weekend when I do the massive card count.

Edit: If it does turn out crappy and I need a receipt what do you provide them for online orders? I assume its a simple process just curious.

Make sure you get a copy of the PDF of the card list from the files here, I just did the card count a couple of days ago. I don't think it's as bad a some people are complaining about. One thing I noticed 3 of the packs seem to have the exact same cards to lay out so when I was sorting I went thru this pretty quick.

Make sure you lay out the 16 character decks in the order they come out of the first pack you open, later packs will have cards coming out in the same order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Fitz
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Helljin wrote:
Fizlah wrote:

Make sure you get a copy of the PDF of the card list from the files here, I just did the card count a couple of days ago. I don't think it's as bad a some people are complaining about. One thing I noticed 3 of the packs seem to have the exact same cards to lay out so when I was sorting I went thru this pretty quick.

Make sure you lay out the 16 character decks in the order they come out of the first pack you open, later packs will have cards coming out in the same order.

Thanks for the tips! Anything that can make this go faster so I can get the first game in the better!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fizlah wrote:
If it does turn out crappy and I need a receipt what do you provide them for online orders? I assume its a simple process just curious.

Go to CSI's Account page, click on the link for your Legendary Encounters order, and print the resulting web page to a PDF.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josiah Higginson
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:

I rather doubt that the number is that high, since the first step should be counting all the decks.

For me, I know for certain the cards are missing as I sorted the cards, rechecked to ensure the decks were right, and then counted all 600 594 cards in my set.

... It helped me to know I was missing cards because one of them was obvious.. If the Gunner avatar were not missing I probably wouldn't have noticed the other 5 for a long time (Alien player deck cards).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hank B
United States
Arlington Heights
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It really shouldn't be the first step at all. I normally don't do inventories of my games. But with this one, with all the "missing cards" posts here on BGG, I thought it might be a good idea, and sure enough, two missing cards.

Zolgar wrote:
Geosphere wrote:

I rather doubt that the number is that high, since the first step should be counting all the decks.

For me, I know for certain the cards are missing as I sorted the cards, rechecked to ensure the decks were right, and then counted all 600 594 cards in my set.

... It helped me to know I was missing cards because one of them was obvious.. If the Gunner avatar were not missing I probably wouldn't have noticed the other 5 for a long time (Alien player deck cards).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josiah Higginson
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hank34 wrote:
It really shouldn't be the first step at all. I normally don't do inventories of my games. But with this one, with all the "missing cards" posts here on BGG, I thought it might be a good idea, and sure enough, two missing cards.

I more or less meant "the first step if you suspect you're missing cards".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Fitz
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got it this weekend and did the card count. Got a perfect set! Very happy with that fact. Sorting was indeed a hell scape.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Freeman
United Kingdom
Exeter
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just spent two hours checking off cards from the card list file and it's all good - a complete set. Phew! Was hoping it would be so I can get a first game in tomorrow night!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Willett
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I opened up my game, I noticed that one of my cards was in the pack upside-down. That and my 600 sleeves left one extra sleeve. I hadn't noticed until I looked through my game, but I was missing one card from the Alien Deck. This is not the biggest deal, but I sent a message to upper deck to get the card from them.

I really like Legendary, and it would take Upper Deck a bit of effort to make me not want to play Legendary in the future. So it is in their hands.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nukesniper wrote:
When I opened up my game, I noticed that one of my cards was in the pack upside-down. That and my 600 sleeves left one extra sleeve. I hadn't noticed until I looked through my game, but I was missing one card from the Alien Deck. This is not the biggest deal, but I sent a message to upper deck to get the card from them.

I really like Legendary, and it would take Upper Deck a bit of effort to make me not want to play Legendary in the future. So it is in their hands.

I actually had the inverse problem, the right number of cards in the set, but my ultrapro 100 deck protectors were short several sleeves.

It was pretty labor intensive to figure out which cards went where though until I figured it out, way different from Legendary Marvel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hank B
United States
Arlington Heights
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still waiting for my replacement cards. 4 weeks and counting to ship 2 cards...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hank34 wrote:
Still waiting for my replacement cards. 4 weeks and counting to ship 2 cards...

It's possible their stash of replacement cards was exhausted and they're waiting for another shipment from the factory, but I would email them and ask them for an update if you haven't done so recently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Helland
msg tools
mbmbmb
I was short about 48 cards and long on others. I got mine after 2 weeks, sans 1 card. No biggie, as the art in this set is ummm... Not my cup o' tea. I scanned my own replacement.

I would recommend that the shippers run a quick card count when packing replacements. I'm easy-going, and I love the game, but it's an easy error that adds a bit of salt to the wound.

BTW, I have all the Legendary sets, and this is the first mispack I have encountered.

I would recommend parties interested in this purchase realize they will need to inventory it and might need to wait a bit before they get to play it. The gameplay is IMO worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.