Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Drejza
United States
Hockessin
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmb
I got this just after Christmas and finally had a chance to get with family and friends (at their house) and play two games of 6 players (1 ghost, 5 investigators). I played the ghost first as I was best suited to do so. I had read the rules and understood them and also watched a great video gameplay posted by rahdo on YouTube.

The grouped loved it. Unfortunately, we lost, not even identifying the all the suspects. But the group wanted a "rematch." Surprisingly, my 16-yr old son jumped at the chance to be the ghost. In the second play session, we did well to make it to the true culprit round. But in the end, picked incorrectly on Day 7. We laughed so hard because the ghost played several cards that made us think it was the nun. We fixated on triangluar shape of the nun's habit, and the ghost attempted to shift our attention away from that with more cards. All his cards simply reinforced our interpretation. Unbeknownst to him, there was some kind of triangle in every image that we gravitated toward every one until we confidently guessed--wrong! We laughed so hard. Everyone talked for awhile afterwards, and my son, the ghost, talked the whole ride home about the game.

The game is really cooperative. It is tough being the ghost, analyzing each investigator and trying to connect visually in some way. The interaction of the investigators is fascinating...as the ghost, you listen to what they are latching on to and try to align an image to it. Overall, the folks gave thumbs up, as did I. I plan to play this even more with the rest of our gaming group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Compulsive Completist
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does it seem to have enough cards included to not become stale?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Drejza
United States
Hockessin
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmb
yes...because there are 3 "levels" of the crime...and all the cards...and all the players...the combinations of who/where/with what and the cards to convey to the players...they are endless. I think the one thing is that if it is the same ghost all the time, then people can start to see how that person thinks and plays cards. That being said, playing either side is equally fun, so as long as there are different players in the "ghost" seat, there should be only fresh gameplay.

And if you think the cards are getting stale...open up some Dixit cards and play with them. Not necessarily as haunting in all instances, but the same surreal, no-one-theme cards would play fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.