Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sven Stuehrmann
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While I enjoyed the artwork of the first to sets of lords of war a lot - lovely, colorfull and thematic rich pics of orcs, dwarfes, elfes and dinosaurs , eh lizzards, I was really disappointed to see that new templar deck.

I suppose that the publishers have offered at kickstarter the right to add the faces of the biggest supporters to the figureart of the templardeck?

Thats a nice idea, but unfortunatly due to that or some other reason, the people on the templar deck don't look like templars anymore. I mean: templars with glasses? I would have expected fiercelooking warriors and got knights with the faces of schoolboys.

Sorry, but that kills this deck for me. I hope the publishers spare us those unhappy surprises in possible future expansions of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stu ma
Germany
HD
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I can understand your point.

This is a matter of taste. I agree that the glasses weren't necessary. I think the faces would have been a cool thing, because I imediately realized that these were real portrays.

The glasses add a certain funny aspekt. On one day I like it, on the other I think that the glasses should be gone.

What actually could kill the templar for me is that they're a no brainer Army. Nice to have for new player to keep frustration low. Or maybe if your tired and want to play even though you don't have the mental focus to really concentrate. Still I got the copies for 7,5 Euro. So this is a amazingly good price and I'm absolutely happy with what I received.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grill Murray
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yeah, I was similarly disappointed when I picked this up, the real backer faces were an unfortunate choice.
Still, the undead deck is lovely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Brunet
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wholeheartedly agree. Steve Cox's art is one of the main selling point of the game for me. Putting faces of backers on it feels like heresy to me. I mean... Cox' art is not especially realistic to begin with ! It is GW oldschool, baroque... And the photoshopped faces completely ruin it for me, by collapsing its stylistic integrity. I understand that you want to please your backers. But doing so at the expense of the very appeal of your game, hence crippling your chance to reach new customers, doesn't seem like a good idea. Those should have been special cards for backers only.

Is there a project to reprint the cards with Cox original art (if there is one) ? I mean... The Templars who don't have those faces (like Father Nicodemus) look really great. And the undeads' art is brilliant. I suppose we'd have to wait for a second printing, but that could be a long time away...

As it is now, I am really reluctant to buy this set, which is a shame, since I fell in love with Lords of War, and crave for more factions !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N S.
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They should do a kickstarter for a new version without backers' faces. I am also disappointed, and will be passing on this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.