Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Haakan Henriksson
Japan
小樽市、桂岡町1-4
北海道
flag msg tools
mb
Having wetted my toes a bit over the last couple of weeks it feels like time to finally take the plunge, playing over Vassal. I'm not new to gaming but I am new to FITL, and I'm worryingly new to Vassal. So I'm really hoping for some guidance getting this started. I can play any side, over email/dropbox or head-to-head using Skype if we can get the time difference sorted (as for me, Japan Standard Time, +9). I will probably be able to do a turn a day but I am quite flexible. Anyone feel like taking me on? Cheers! /H

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ground Pounder
United States
Owings Mills
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Happy to join you for a game via email/dropbox (don't think I can do it via Skype). About a turn/file a day is my pace as well. I've used Vassal a good bit so happy to help you there if needed (but it's really easy).

This game is hot so hopefully we'll get a foursome pretty quickly. I'm open to playing any side or scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Haakan Henriksson
Japan
小樽市、桂岡町1-4
北海道
flag msg tools
mb
Hi there Ground Pounder! Sounds great. Vassal should hopefully not be too complicated getting into. As stated earlier I'm open for any side any scenario. But we just hang on a while to see if any one else joins us./H

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Gringer
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm up for another PBEM with Vassal and DropBox. No particular preference on which faction, beyond other than NVA, which I've been playing a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. Fowler
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
We provide...
badge
The rich and powerful take what they want. We steal it back for you.
mbmbmbmbmb
I will take up the 4th side, provided no other newer players want it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Haakan Henriksson
Japan
小樽市、桂岡町1-4
北海道
flag msg tools
mb
Hi Jeff and Fowler. I'm guessing that I am the least experienced player here (?), so maybe I should not take any of the more leading roles such as the US or NVA? That leaves ARVN or VC and I'm thinking VC, basically just because it has a smaller force pool (may not actually be 'easier' to play). But really, it's all up for grabs and I can play either faction. It's getting to be evening over here, so I may not be able to answer mails until morning. I've got a ton of questions about Vassal since not having played the game that way, but actually, I don't know quite where to start!

Edit: Since everyone's comfy with email/dropbox that it is.

/H

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. Fowler
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
We provide...
badge
The rich and powerful take what they want. We steal it back for you.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm fine with any faction setup. As for VASSAL help/questions, I am awake during your normal hours. (I live in Eastern Standard Time (GMT -5), but I work at night, so my hours fit right in with yours.) If you would like, we can arrange a live game between just you and me during that time, so I can help you to learn VASSAL and whatnot.

Also, I don't care much for Dropbox, but I'll use it if I have to. (I'm more of an e-mail attachment kind of guy.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris District
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aww I just missed it. You guys move fast. I just started on Vassal a few days ago with some local friends. Don't worry, it really is easy. Save me a seat for the next one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Haakan Henriksson
Japan
小樽市、桂岡町1-4
北海道
flag msg tools
mb
Hey Fowler, that sounds great! I don't want to hold things up, but if I can get a quick walk through it would be great! /H

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Haakan Henriksson
Japan
小樽市、桂岡町1-4
北海道
flag msg tools
mb
Hi Chris. We'll save a seat. /H

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Haakan Henriksson
Japan
小樽市、桂岡町1-4
北海道
flag msg tools
mb
Phil's volunteere to set up the game if we all just give him the particulars (e-mails, which faction to play, and so on and so forth). Once that is taken care of we're good to go. /H

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.