Istanbul» Forums » Variants

Subject: I'm not lucky with the dice....and i never get money, so..... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
lichien lichien
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So to remove the dice roll in "Tea House" and "Black Market", i replace the one by the bonus card "gain one good of your choice" and the secund by "take one blue good". Now you improve strategie, because all money must be get by "goods" and the market place. What do you think about that??
thank's

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bjørnar Løseth
Norway
Bergen
Hordaland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I personally don't like the sound of this change, as it changes the dynamic of the game. But that doesn't really matter. If you want to try this change I urge you to try it out. Everyone should _always_ make the changes they see fit to better their enjoyment of their games. But: _Always_ make everyone playing with you aware that you are playing with house rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Bronswijk
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
desbonnet wrote:
Now you improve strategie, because all money must be get by "goods" and the market place. What do you think about that??

In my opinion you do not improve strategy, you are reducing strategy, because you eliminate one or two strategies from the game. The red mosque tile is one valid strategy to win the game, but you make the red mosque tile worthless. That means there will be more competition for goods, and that also means that more players have to expand there handbarrows. And it means that players will no longer go for the ruby of the small mosque.

Conclusion: Your version makes the game unbalanced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lichien lichien
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thnak's for your advices..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lichien lichien
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yesterday i played 4 matchs...i lost all matchs because of the rolling dice!!! always less than the minimum require soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aditya C
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You should buy the right upgrades for the dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Bronswijk
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
desbonnet wrote:
Yesterday i played 4 matchs...i lost all matchs because of the rolling dice!!! always less than the minimum require soblue

Using the Tea House or the Black Market without having the red mosque tile is a bad strategy in general and has nothing to do with bad luck. So you did not lose because of the rolling dice, you did lose because of a bad strategy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.