Subject: How do you know when a Device can be replenished? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Trezise
United Kingdom
Rugby
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The subject kind of gives it away, but I've not really seen anywhere in the game (yet... I finished mission 3) where it states when devices can be re-used.

I know that Tactics get flipped and are regenerated once the text on the scenario card tells you so

I know that Skills get refreshed each turn

But with devices, specifically, what determines if they can/cannot be re-used in the mission?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Seidler
Germany
Cologne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They cannot be reused in the same mission unless it is stated on the device itself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Trezise
United Kingdom
Rugby
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Technically, you can use a device multiple times in a single mission. However, to do so you have to claim it from HQ by trading in four alien tech fragments between each use, since the vast majority of devices are single-use items (the few exceptions specify on the device tile itself, as already mentioned).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
Chrisback79 wrote:
They cannot be reused in the same mission unless it is stated on the device itself.

IIRC you can use them and then if you get another device from searching etc. you could choose the same one and reuse it that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Randy Weston - The Spirits of Our Ancestors
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dahak wrote:
Chrisback79 wrote:

IIRC you can use them and then if you get another device from searching etc. you could choose the same one and reuse it that way.

Semantics; everybody is really saying the same thing. It's meant to be another instance of an identical item, despite being represented by the same game components.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.