Clay Ross
United States
Union
Ohio
flag msg tools
publisher
Capstone Games
mbmbmbmbmb
What do you recommend using instead of the cheap, plain money tokens in this game? Just looking to pimp this game out a little bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
mbmbmbmbmb
I use a tray of Euro's instead of Martins awful plastic discs. As a readily available currency I don't use, it fits perfectly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Eldard
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How about poker chips? Or making a simple $ track and get rid of the chips altogether?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Ross
United States
Union
Ohio
flag msg tools
publisher
Capstone Games
mbmbmbmbmb
TheRocketSurgeon wrote:
I use a tray of Euro's instead of Martins awful plastic discs. As a readily available currency I don't use, it fits perfectly.

I really like the idea of using real money. Simple nickel and penny's will work fine...just need to clean them beforehand!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Ross
United States
Union
Ohio
flag msg tools
publisher
Capstone Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Eldard wrote:
How about poker chips? Or making a simple $ track and get rid of the chips altogether?

Poker chips are great and classy. I'm not a big fan of resource tracks, I like to have the money in hand...just personal preference.
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Sell
United States
Stevens Point
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
clayross wrote:
What do you recommend using instead of the cheap, plain money tokens in this game? Just looking to pimp this game out a little bit.
You are offering your game for strangers to have sex with?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/pimping
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Ross
United States
Union
Ohio
flag msg tools
publisher
Capstone Games
mbmbmbmbmb
oddtime wrote:
clayross wrote:
You are offering you game for strangers to have sex with?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/pimping

just so long as i make money on the deal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed G.
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought a number of packages of plastic coins that resemble American currancy packaged as play money for children and substitute these for the components representing money in some games. I bought them at Target and found them in the dollar bins near the front of the store. I'm sure a "dollar store" would carry similar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Eldard
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ursus_Major wrote:
I bought a number of packages of plastic coins that resemble American currancy packaged as play money for children and substitute these for the components representing money in some games. I bought them at Target and found them in the dollar bins near the front of the store. I'm sure a "dollar store" would carry similar.

I've also found them at teacher supply stores like Teachers Mart.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john f stup
United States
damascus
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
the red and white(gray) chips from A&A's games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Campbell
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a reenactor. I will be using reproduction period coins in place of the crappy plastic discs. But this may be a prohibitively expensive option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.