Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A bit of news for everyone regarding the closing of the 750 Special discount for preorder of Die Macher. The preorder period is set to end on October 13th. If you have not sent in your preorder by that time, you will not be eligible to receive the discount on your order.

In addition, all orders must have payment submitted by October 16th, as this is the last date that preorder payments will be accepted/processed.

If you need to reach Vallley Games, please contact at "info@valleygames.ca", and include "Die Macher" in the email title.

Of course, I'm sure everyone knows that this signals the soon-to-arrive offical release of Die Macher. As stated previously, preorder customers will be first in line for shipping, so if you're anxious to receive a copy, preordering will be the fastest route.

Questions? Comments? Please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Johnson
United States
Boonville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Die Macher Reprint: Preorder Window Close Date / Other
Does this mean DM will be shipping next week? Is there an "official" ship date set yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nesbitt
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just awaiting a confirmation on that info myself. Any certain "release" date won't be entirely accurate for everyone (as shipping time vary by location), but I should be able to give confirmation on a fairly accurate date any time now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat T
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I understood it the worst case scenerio was that we pre-orders would have it by the middle of October. Here's hoping that it will arrive on my door-step this week!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D a n _ C
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, when will the games be sent out to the bigger e-tailers.... like Fair Play, Fun Again, Thoughthammer, etc...?

When those big batches are sent out, then I think the game would be considered "in the pipeline" in the Thornquist vernacular.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Moscrop
United Kingdom
Hove
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I preorder the game on your valleygames website, can I collect it in Essen (as I am in the UK and would save on postage)?
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nesbitt
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lucmoscrop wrote:
If I preorder the game on your valleygames website, can I collect it in Essen (as I am in the UK and would save on postage)?
Thanks.

I do not believe that this is possible as preorder pricing is not available at Essen to my knowledge. Contact "info@valleygames.ca" to be certain though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Any chance they are in the mail to retail stores and distributors that had pre-orders in, yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Richardson
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
With the preorder period now officially closed any news on how the winners of the signed copies will be announced?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
While I do live only 1.5 hours from the Valley Games HQ, I elected to have my copies shipped to me to save on gas. Assuming they ship pre-orders roughly at the same time I'll let you know when I get mine, it could serve as a good barometer for others.

I don't have them yet, mind you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nesbitt
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guantanamo wrote:
Any chance they are in the mail to retail stores and distributors that had pre-orders in, yet?

This one I am sure about, and the answer is "no". Valley Games appreciates all its customers, no matter how/where they buy their games. But there's a real soft spot for preorder customers, since they really help to "fuel" the printing. Without them, some games would never make it into print.

Because of this, preorder customers are first in line to have their game shipped to them. This does not include retail outlets/distributors. While it is possible that some stores may get their shipment before some preorder customers (due to shipping distance), all preorders will go out before any retailers/distributors have their shipments sent. This will be true of ALL Valley Games releases, so if you want the game first, you'll want to preorder (not to mention the discount for doing so!)

Recent News: Despite some factory/shipping side delays, the scheduled date for Die Macher to be on retail shelves is approximately the 30th of October. This is only an average; your local store could be a little sooner or later than that. Preorder customers can expect to enjoy a few days of game playing before their local store receives their supply.

More news as it becomes available!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
otrex wrote:
Guantanamo wrote:

This one I am sure about, and the answer is "no". Valley Games appreciates all its customers, no matter how/where they buy their games. But there's a real soft spot for preorder customers, since they really help to "fuel" the printing. Without them, some games would never make it into print.

Because of this, preorder customers are first in line to have their game shipped to them. This does not include retail outlets/distributors. While it is possible that some stores may get their shipment before some preorder customers (due to shipping distance), all preorders will go out before any retailers/distributors have their shipments sent. This will be true of ALL Valley Games releases, so if you want the game first, you'll want to preorder (no to mention the discount!)

Recent News: Despite some factory/shipping side delays, the scheduled date for Die Macher to be on retail shelves is approximately the 30th of October. This is only an average; your local store could be a little sooner or later than that. Preorder customers can expect to enjoy a few days of game playing before their local store receives their supply.

More news as it becomes available!

I fully expect that the direct pre-orders would be the top of the list. But, I'd think the store pre-orders wouldn't be far behind.

As far as pre-order though. If I pre-order from the person that I have a realationship with, aren't they in turn pre-ordering from them? So, they do still have that level of commitment. But, I guess the stores don't put the money up front, while the individuals have to. Just really a comment, I don't really have a problem with thier stance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nesbitt
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be great if everyone could be "at the front of the line". Unfortunately, this simply isn't possible. Since shipping has to start with someone, preorder customers get the nod.

Without getting too deep into a technical discussion on preordering habits, I would think that retail stores only very rarely "preorder" a game. By a much wider margin, most would probably wait until their distributor has it in stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
I think we can make a universal statement that Valley Games is doing their best to get every copy of the game out the door as quickly as possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D a n _ C
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope that they aren't upset about all the discussion regarding shipping and release about Die Macher. Some people sound cranky or impatient. But it basically all stems from the excitement people have about this major game becoming available again.

It's a good thing and people are fired up! It's that simple.

DC

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nesbitt
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
durak60 wrote:
I hope that they aren't upset about all the discussion regarding shipping and release about Die Macher. Some people sound cranky or impatient. But it basically all stems from the excitement people have about this major game becoming available again.

It's a good thing and people are fired up! It's that simple.

DC

Not to worry, it's understandable that people would be a little antsy for their copy of the game. Heck, I think Rik and Torben are just as impatient and antsy about getting everyone their copy too!

Based on what I've been hearing from Rik, he's putting in some serious hours and effort to make this all go smoothly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat T
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pant, pant. Check the mail box!! Pace, Pace. Check the mail box. Dog barks, check for delivery truck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elijah Lau
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thumbsup to the folks at VG for their effort to get this game to us!

One question:
Will there be an email from Valley Games saying our pre-ordered game has been shipped?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
apotheos wrote:
I think we can make a universal statement that Valley Games is doing their best to get every copy of the game out the door as quickly as possible.

Yes, I am not complaining; Just anxiously awaiting.

I actually had sent a couple e-mails to them earlier and had good response from them. But, decided I'd post here for an update instead of taking time away from them to pack and ship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nesbitt
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
elijah234 wrote:
:

One question:
Will there be an email from Valley Games saying our pre-ordered game has been shipped?

I doubt there will be an email sent once your particular copy is sent out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Haigh-Hutchinson
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Well, perhaps someone will post here when the pre-orders are shipping, then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
otrex wrote:
elijah234 wrote:
:

One question:

I doubt there will be an email sent once your particular copy is sent out.

which carrier will they use to ship? usually if the carrier provides a tracking number, an email with that number is sent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nesbitt
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zx80 wrote:
Well, perhaps someone will post here when the pre-orders are shipping, then?

That is the intent, although in reality people may start receiving them before I am able to post. I'll be checking in with Rik at Valley Games by Monday at the latest and post again here right afterwards.

As for the carrier being used, it depends on your country.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Weber
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
The last comment from Valley Games on their website is from October 8, when they announced that the shipment would arrive that week. Has the shipment arrived? Has shipping started? If so, when are preorders expected to be all shipped?

From the comments on this thread it looks like there have been delays, which is certainly understandable as this is Valley Games' first time through a process like this. A little bit of hard news on what is actually happening / expected to happen either on this thread or on their website would be helpful. I have not bothered them with e-mails either, as I'd rather they do other things -- like ship!

In the meantime my wife is making up a list of ways I have to bribe her to try playing! I just hope she doesn't ask me to do ironing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D a n _ C
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's pink. That's all I had to tell my wife and she was in.

DC

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.