Subject: Out of print? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James C
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested in getting into "Wings of Glory" (WWI) and the Duel Packs seem like the best way of doing so. I was hoping to pick up two / each of them.

That said, they seem to be out of stock everywhere I look. Would anyone know if they're out of print? If so, any word on reprinting?

Finally, if I can't find these anywhere, what's the next best way to get into this game as a beginner?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The publisher's site says "Now available":
http://www.aresgames.eu/upcoming-products

Maybe shops have sold out it for Christmas and they still need to restock it after the seasonal holydays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I see. That's a good sign!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Smith
United States
Kokomo
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could try getting one of the card only version of the games. The play is the same except no miniatures. That way, you can see for sure if you like the game and then buy the airplanes that you like.

Look in the marketplace under Wings of War.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Woods
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I picked up one of each Dueling pack from NobleKnights.com. looks like they still have a few left. good luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just checked and Noble Knight still has one of the duel packs left...as well as the rules...which are needed to play

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Duel packs include basic, standard and part of the optional rules, plus scenarios. So they are enough to play even without the Wings of Glory: WW1 Rules and Accessories Pack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
angiolillo wrote:
Duel packs include basic, standard and part of the optional rules, plus scenarios. So they are enough to play even without the Wings of Glory: WW1 Rules and Accessories Pack.
Thanks for clarifying that. I was assuming that the Professor X might get some single plane packs for which he'd need the rules if he didn't get a duel pack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
Thank you everyone.
I've ended up ordering the rules and accessory pack along with a small number of planes from coolstuffinc.
The prices were all very good.
I was able to find a duel pack here or there, but they were a bit higher priced than they should be and when one factors in S&H, it just seemed better to me to wait until they're reprinted.
With that in mind, I intentionally avoided the planes that were featured in the duel packs - I really do hope to pick them up one day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad you were able to acquire some bits and pieces...hope you enjoy the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.