Subject: Ambiguos destruction rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Koehn
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On New Year's Eve last year I was playing as the Swamp Orcs, my oppenent the Mountain Vargoth, and he had a unit die from a vine wall. We then did not know what to do with the unit that had died, we ended up discarding him.

My question is: What do you do when a unit is killed by the game, and not by an attack. Examples include, FK's Ghoul, PE's Firebeast, SO's Vine walls, or the Twins from the benders, because you place the extra wounds?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Killed by the game" is always an effect from a card controlled by a player, whether the card is a character, an event, a wall, or whatever. Unless "discard" is specified, the killed card should go to the magic pile of the player who controls the card with the instruction to inflict the wound. E.g. A Crusher who accidentally suicides goes into his own player's magic pile.

Swamp Orcs get magic for enemies (and friends) killed by vine walls.
FAQ wrote:
Q: If a Unit is destroyed moving off a Vine Wall, who receives the Magic?
A: The Vine Wall's controller.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N Burghardt
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
See above. Just to be clear the benders twins power will give the second twin back to the owners magic pile. So if twin A takes a final wound from an enemy it goes to the opponents magic pile, then if the ability of twin B causes it to take a final wound and die as well, it would go to the owners magic pile since the ability caused the final wound.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.