Subject: Skirmish - get to the ship rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Totter
Denmark
Brønshøj
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

For some odd reason we cant decide what the meaning of "Get to the ship" skirmish card is. Would someone be so kind as to explain it better?

And regarding the B skirmish option - is an action needed to get the crate?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You "retrieve" the crate, which is a key word in the RRG, and yes, it's basically just an action.

Get To The Ship is basically a way to gain VPs. If you "control" a launch panel, you will gain either 5VPs or 2VPs depending on what side is showing. You can flip to the opposite side if you interact. Other than that, the skirmish is a straight up fight.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Totter
Denmark
Brønshøj
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheers! We finally understood while playing (I just think we have played to many games with convoluted rules, to see it was that easy to understand :) ).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen McPherson
Australia
Tuggeranong
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A question around the 2 terminals in this skirmish...Do they serve any purpose in this skirmish ? There appears to be a section of the map that wouldn't get used otherwise. Just wanted to confirm I hadn't mucked something up in our initial play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Doesn't controlling terminals let you draw extra command cards in every mission?

Skirmish Guide wrote:
During the Status Phase of each round, each player draws one Command card, plus one additional card for each terminal he controls on the map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed, the Terminal rule is in play in every Skirmish map. Occasionally the mission rules may give them some extra rules, but you can always use them to draw extra Command cards during the Status Phase (unless stated otherwise, of course).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen McPherson
Australia
Tuggeranong
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ugh...I kept looking over the Skirmish mission details, when it was under Command Cards all this time. Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Why would you want to flip to the grey side?

Color side gives 5 VPs. Am I missing something?

Now once you control a panel you just have a figure stand by it right? or can you carry it with you?

I figured you can't move a Launch panel, That would make no sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vader813 wrote:
Now once you control a panel you just have a figure stand by it right? or can you carry it with you?

Technically the other way around, you control an object only by having a friendly figure on or adjacent to the object and no hostile figures on or adjacent to the same object.

You cannot carry objects unless the mission rules provides a way to retrieve them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You might want to flip one if you think you are going to lose control and your opponent is going to gain control of it by the end of the round.

You also might flip it to make other targets more juicy and influence your opponent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No No
msg tools
But that doesn't make sense either, if I'm playing Imp and I flip it to gray side up and leave because I'm about to be overrun what's saying the rebels just won't turn around and flip it back over again? Either flipping it to the gray side is pointless or this mission simply makes no sense. Very frustrating

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
(Note: in skirmish you have 2 armies, they are Imperial vs Rebel only when they happen to be.)

Yes, your opponent could just go and interact with the launch panel again (reduced to 2VP), or even remove your control of the launch panel by having a figure adjacent to the launch panel (reduced to 0VP). No-one said they would be easy victory points.

For the latter, defeat the enemies. For the former, don't interact early in the round. Having activation advantage and not having initiative help. (Also see the pass rule from the FAQ.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fanjoy
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, your opponent can just flip the control panel again. However, it costs them an action to do so, which means they aren't attacking, moving, or using other actions. In a tight game, they may not be able to afford the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.