Popular Tags: [View All]
Karl Markovich
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got several notifications that my final KS backer rewards are shipping. That means by the end of the week I'll have a new big pile of golems to play with. I'm super excited, but a little sad too. This has been a great KS to be involved in and knowing that it is wrapping up is almost like an old friend packing up and leaving town.

Oh well, wave 3 should be on the horizon. Let's hope we get an Urugal colossal in the coming months!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua R
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
GO TO JAPAN!
badge
Artist: Shohei Otomo
mbmbmbmbmb
Ha - I felt the same way as I was unpacking my stuff last night. My consolation was that I still have my Blood Knight to be added once the Crown of Uruk makes it into the game. Only THEN will my GA KS journey be complete!

I desperately wanted to take pictures of the AMAZING new models for adding here, but won't have time to do so until tomorrow night at the earliest. Suffice to say you are in for a treat, sir!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kindt Dalzen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
A bit sad to see the Kickstarter phase of Golem Arcana wrapping up, but there are so many cool things coming this year that the sadness won't last long.

Kickstarter was just the beginning. HBS has big, big plans and ambitions for Golem Arcana.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Markovich
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I got home I had...

4 Valkali
3 Urugal wave 2
2 Rangers of the Oath
1 Tile set #3

Three more boxes incoming in the next two days. Can't wait until Thursday evening!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew DiGregorio
United States
West Babylon
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a scary clown!
mbmbmbmbmb
yup, i feel sad, too. This was a great KS and a great community to be a part of...

I know have all my KS rewards, except the Valkali cards which i expect i should have before week's end.

I love LOVE love the new sculpts!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua R
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
GO TO JAPAN!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's ridiculous, Karl - FOUR Valkali Colossussesss? All I can say is your kids are certainly lucky.

I feel like my Valkali is leaning forward an awful lot - it's balanced fine, it just strikes me as different than the sample I saw at GenCon. Are any/all of yours the same?

I really need to get some pics of all these beautiful models.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Markovich
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
reitoei wrote:
That's ridiculous, Karl - FOUR Valkali Colossussesss?

That was just that shipment. As I said, I've got 3 more boxes inbound.

Quote:

I feel like my Valkali is leaning forward an awful lot - it's balanced fine, it just strikes me as different than the sample I saw at GenCon. Are any/all of yours the same?

Dunno yet...didn't have a chance to open anything but a RotO box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kindt Dalzen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
reitoei wrote:
That's ridiculous, Karl - FOUR Valkali Colossussesss? All I can say is your kids are certainly lucky.

She definitely has an aggressive forward stance. Can't wait to start the killing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
daskindt wrote:
reitoei wrote:

She definitely has an aggressive forward stance. Can't wait to start the killing.

Mine also tilts forward. In a claw your face sort of way, rather than I'm off-kilter way.

Also, played her the first day we got her, and she is epic. However, I will say I find her to be more of a support/general at arms rather than a direct combat killer. I only played the Mask of the East, though, so my opinion may change with each mask set I try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Markovich
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One of two boxes that was scheduled for delivery today was waiting for me when I got home...

6 Carpace Brute
4 Rangers of the Oath
4 Tile set #3
3 Urugal wave 2
2 Valkali

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I apologize if you answered this before, but why so many? It doesn't sound design like you are a retailer. I hope you're just very generous, because this would border on madness for me. goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Markovich
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And box 3 (of 4, one more scheduled for tomorrow) just arrived...

5 Durani wave 2
5 Charred Reavers
5 Jade Guardians
1 Corpse Collector

korkalot wrote:
I apologize if you answered this before, but why so many? It doesn't sound design like you are a retailer. I hope you're just very generous, because this would border on madness for me. goo

No, I'm no retailer. Madness... maybe.

The real reason is because I put a lot of money into the KS campaign. I backed it at a level that my portrait was made into an Ancient One (I'm the Warrior). I also created accounts and pledged to get each of my kids in as Golem Knights. They are all Urugal knights of the Gudanna Dominion... Kilala Shuhadaku Makkurum, Kendriya Makkurum, and Alekhya Amelu Makkurum are my kids.

All those pledge levels came with a whole lot of backer rewards!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that's a level of fatherly awesomeness above the rest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
korkalot wrote:

Recanting, but only a little bit. All of you other pops out there are awesome too. I think shock scrambled my tactful coding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Markovich
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
korkalot wrote:

I've always been a big fan of games and when this came along I saw a unique opportunity to geek out with my kids.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Markovich
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Today's haul (the last shipment) contained...

1 KS version of the base game set (missed during wave 1, but I told HBS just to wait until wave 2)
5 Zikia wave 2
4 Gudanna wave 2
5 Iron Eathfall titans
1 Creeper warsprite
1 Vigilant Sentinel warsprite

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua R
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
GO TO JAPAN!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pics or it didn't happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Markovich
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
reitoei wrote:
Pics or it didn't happen.

That's just the wave 2 stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kindt Dalzen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua R
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
GO TO JAPAN!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hair10 wrote:
That's just the wave 2 stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Markovich
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wave's 1 & 2, the complete haul...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Game Steward
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
korkalot wrote:
korkalot wrote:

Recanting, but only a little bit. All of you other pops out there are awesome too. I think shock scrambled my tactful coding.

As a father of four, I don't think there's any need to recant, even a little bit. It's fatherly awesomeness above the rest alright! But I can say that because one of the amazing aspects of being a parent is that there are an almost infinite number of ways to be awesome for your kids (teenagers generally excepted) that is "above the rest". Putting them in the game is definitely one of them.

My 18 month old daughter, in contrast, thinks I am awesome when I throw her in the air upside down. Her mother definitely does NOT approve of this. But I have a Daddy's girl now who thinks I am awesome above the rest, and she giggles and screams every time when I come home from work now. To the point that my wife is a bit jealous. But truth be told, she is awesome above me in many ways.

I dread the day when my daughter will be too heavy for me to throw up in the air anymore. I'll have to figure out a new way to be awesome...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Markovich
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GreenLaborMike wrote:
But I can say that because one of the amazing aspects of being a parent is that there are an almost infinite number of ways to be awesome for your kids (teenagers generally excepted) that is "above the rest".

My oldest is 14 so I lol'ed at the bolded part.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.