Subject: Is 3.0 better looking? Better quality? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
CARL SKUTSCH
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Agricola, Sekigahara, Concordia, Innovation, COOKIE!!! (and Guinness)
badge
SANJURO: You're all tough, then? GAMBLER: What? Kill me if you can! SANJURO: It'll hurt.
mbmbmbmbmb
In other words, if I win big in poker should I buy 3.0 or just stick with my old version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
"Better looking" is subjective. You can look at the components in the gallery to see whether you think they are better looking.

FWIW we own the original edition of the game, plus various later edition armies through the years. It all plays fine together and we never saw any reason to re-buy armies we already own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. L.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the modules on 3.0 are by far easier to look at. Even playing the app for a few years I sometimes mistake the old modules.

Each style has it's own unique feeling. The old style has almost a retro feel to it and 3.0 seems more apocalyptic. The 3.0 board is better with additional score trackers, Doomsday Army, and hex puzzles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt L.
United States
Seahurst
Washington
flag msg tools
I have text here
badge
So important!
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally I find the graphic design of NH3.0 to be better, things stand out a good bit more and the artwork expands to cover the tile. Quality is good and you get a few nice bonus pieces like the life counters and puzzle cards.

I partially preferred the black-border tiles because I could sharpie the edges and make them look very nice as game pieces. This is harder to do with the 3.0 tiles because the marker can bleed into the image.

I have all the official armies from the previous versions with the exception of Doomsday and Mississippi and I was happy to buy the 3.0 with modified graphics because it offers you the chance to play armies vs themselves. So now I can see how Moloch 2.0 plays vs Moloch 3.0 and it's not a challenge to tell the pieces apart. You could also play 2v2 teams where a team controls two separate armies of the same faction and you can keep track of the individual player's tokens still.

In the end, Neuroshima Hex is a particular favorite of mine, so I'm inclined to buy all the things and see what I can do with them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcin Przezdziek
Poland
Bydgoszcz
Kujawsko-pomorskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I still prefer ver 2.5.
Graphics are clearer, indicators much easier to spot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.