Chris Merritt
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This card allows you to move an opponents agent to a new location, at which point they can choose to take that space's action or not.

After this, the text on the card says, "Then assign one of your unassigned agents." By my reading, this means I can play my agent on any unoccupied action space, as it just says "assign one agent" whereas my wife has been reading it as "assign one agent to the now unoccupied space."

I haven't been able to find any FAQ or errata regarding this. Which is the correct reading?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Moleman
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
I was saying boo-urns
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If the card doesn't explicitly say 'assign one of your unused agents to the previously occupied space" (or something along those lines) then I would say you can move to ANY unoccupied space [not just the one you freed up]

THOUGH -- I will say, odds are, you are probably eyeing that spot anyhow. I can see a few scenarios where you wouldn't want to play the spot immediately so I think you are in the right one this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Thimbleby
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Certainly the iOS app's AI, will often assign an agent to a completely unrelated spot to the one freed up.

Given that I have seen them correct the apps interpretation of the rules a couple of times, I would judge that they are interested in getting it right, but it is still not unlikely to be the developer's interpretation of the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xelian
Bulgaria
flag msg tools
This question have arisen in one of our recent games. The thought that you are free to assign an agent wherever you want haven't even crossed my mind. That makes the card extremely powerful. The writing is just clingy if you ask me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.