Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexander Rolfe
United States
Newberg
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been enjoying this game with my daughter, and a couple questions have come up. When in the Kiosk, can you spend two action points and pick up two newspapers? Or only one per trip?

And if you end your turn by begging in a restaurant, can you begin your next turn by begging again, as your first action?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronster Zero
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the rules in front of me, but this is how we play.

I believe that you can only have one newspaper at a time. Just to keep things fair.

We play that you can end your turn begging and then begin your turn begging if still in that location.

Plus, you can always play with any house rules. We play with the no attacking other dogs rule. Just to keep the young ones from getting their feelings hurt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Fix
United States
Sterling Hts
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, in terms of begging at restaurants, I believe the rules indicate that you cannot beg at a restaurant twice in the same turn. I guess if you end your turn by beggin, you can start your next turn by begging at the same place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Smith
New Zealand
Wellington
--------------
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

For what it's worth, consistent with the rules we play that a dog can bark for a second newspaper at the kiosk, or pick a second one up, for the cost an action point, provided that there is a carrying space available. The Rules say "If a dog is at the newspaper kiosk, it may bark in order to ask for a paper to deliver" and "If the dog has no Carrying spaces available, it may not ask for a newspaper" - and there is no logic that says if a dog can carry two things they can't both be newspapers.

On restaurants, the rules are also clear: "If the dog is in a restaurant, it may try to beg for food ... A dog may not beg more than once per turn in the same restaurant".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.