Subject: Stronghold vs. Artipia edition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
are there any differences at all (whether cards or box) between the Stronghold Games and Artipia's edition of the base game?

i have the artipia edition for base game, and just bought Stronghold's for the 2 expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmbmbmbmb
The only one I know of is Stronghold's expansion cards are marked with an icon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bobby4th wrote:

thanks. what about for the base game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmbmbmbmb
abe18 wrote:
Bobby4th wrote:

thanks. what about for the base game?

I don't know if there are icons on it. I seem to recall some complaining about the resource cubes in the Stronghold edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael King
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bobby4th wrote:
...I seem to recall some complaining about the resource cubes in the Stronghold edition.

The early Artipia versions did have different cubes and also did not have a box insert. However, all current editions (Artipia and Stronghold) are now the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
billypratt wrote:
Bobby4th wrote:
...I seem to recall some complaining about the resource cubes in the Stronghold edition.

The early Artipia versions did have different cubes and also did not have a box insert. However, all current editions (Artipia and Stronghold) are now the same.

i have an older Artipia edition. i thought initially there was a minor difference with the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Bettan
Canada
Cote St Luc
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't the scoring track also different?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael King
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes the score track is different as well. I don't remember anything being different with the cards though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Buonocore
United States
Somerset
NJ
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
abe18 wrote:
are there any differences at all (whether cards or box) between the Stronghold Games and Artipia's edition of the base game?

i have the artipia edition for base game, and just bought Stronghold's for the 2 expansions.

There are NO DIFFERENCES at all (ZERO) between the CURRENT Artipia Games and Stronghold Games printings. We are literally using the same box, printed with both logos, both Stock#s, both UPC/barcodes.

Thanks,
Stephen M. Buonocore
Stronghold Games LLC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
evilone wrote:
abe18 wrote:

There are NO DIFFERENCES at all (ZERO) between the CURRENT Artipia Games and Stronghold Games printings. We are literally using the same box, printed with both logos, both Stock#s, both UPC/barcodes.

Thanks,
Stephen M. Buonocore
Stronghold Games LLC

Thank you.

But what about between an older Artipia edition and the current Stronghold? My base game came from kickstarter campaign of the AtS expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Kokkinis
Greece
Athens
Attica
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.artipiagames.com
badge
Kitchen Rush: Piece of Cake - 16 April 2018 on Kickstarter!
mbmbmbmbmb
abe18 wrote:

Thank you.

But what about between an older Artipia edition and the current Stronghold? My base game came from kickstarter campaign of the AtS expansion.

The differences there are:

1) Latest version includes a set indicator (a small hex with the letters ATS for easier sorting if you also own any of the expansions)

2) A different scoreboard.

3) Mention of a send variant for 2 players.

Gameplay is not affected in any way between the two editions and you can find the latest edition's rulebook (for the alternative 2-player variant) right here.

Thank you.

PS: We are working full time to launch www.ats-universe.com which will include a detailed list of each game's/expansion's contents with clarification and data for each individual card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3pod wrote:
abe18 wrote:

Thank you.

1) Latest version includes a set indicator (a small hex with the letters ATS for easier sorting if you also own any of the expansions)

Gameplay is not affected in any way between the two editions and you can find the latest edition's rulebook (for the alternative 2-player variant) right here.

Thank you.

PS: We are working full time to launch www.ats-universe.com which will include a detailed list of each game's/expansion's contents with clarification and data for each individual card.

while #1 would be a reason for me to buy a new set, wouldn't i be able to differentiate Artipia's 1st edition base game cards from Stronghold's expansion cards, by the fact the there is no markings on Artipia's base game cards vs. the 2 expansions having an AMB or ETA marking on right edge?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Kokkinis
Greece
Athens
Attica
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.artipiagames.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
abe18 wrote:
3pod wrote:
abe18 wrote:

Thank you.

Thank you.

while #1 would be a reason for me to buy a new set, wouldn't i be able to differentiate Artipia's 1st edition base game cards from Stronghold's expansion cards, by the fact the there is no markings on Artipia's base game cards vs. the 2 expansions having an AMB or ETA marking on right edge?

Of course. Having a set indicator only on expansions is another way to easily see which cards belong to the base game since the base game cards would be the only ones without a set indicator.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
billypratt wrote:
Bobby4th wrote:

is the following a picture of the newest insert you're referring to?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Kokkinis
Greece
Athens
Attica
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.artipiagames.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
abe18 wrote:
billypratt wrote:
Bobby4th wrote:

is the following a picture of the newest insert you're referring to?

Oh yes. My apologies . The newest version also features this insert.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
than kyou everyone for their responses. i guess there is no need to rebu ythe game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmbmbmbmb
abe18 wrote:
than kyou everyone for their responses. i guess there is no need to rebu ythe game.

Sure there is. You know, for completeness sake. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Hensley
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
3pod wrote:

Just got my game today and already bookmarked this new page so that when it's live I'll have all the information I need at my fingertips. Excited to play AtS!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought the first edition and the small icons in the text section did not have a letter inside of them. The B and D colors were too close and I couldn't tell them apart. It appears that the letters were added in the new printing of the base game and in the expansions.

The first edition was unplayable for me(other than having my 5 year old tell me what color the small icons were).

Loved the game, sold the first edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frankberg Almeida
Brazil
Manaus
Amazonas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
3pod wrote:
abe18 wrote:

Thank you.

Thank you.

Jun 2016 and www.ats-universe.com is still a dream... shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.