Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Hilgert
Germany
Unspecified
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If they back up an invading army: is the already paid gold enough or do they need also 1 Food?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Halasz
Hungary
Szada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Merceneraies free action is totally independent from the basic invading or army actions. So IMO you need only the card and the gold. (and certainly the tokens in your supply)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hilgert
Germany
Unspecified
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Makes sense. Thank you for the fast reply

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fisha wrote:
(and certainly the tokens in your supply)

The mercenaries tokens are separate grey tokens rather than the regular player army tokens - I'm pretty sure you don't have to have them "in your supply" as such, since there's no specified way to take them into your supply.

(It does lead to the question of what you do if your mercenaries are still on the board when you draw the card again and play it. Do you remove the previously-played mercenaries from whichever war they were taking part in in order to move them to a new location? Do you use two other tokens? I'm guessing you move the specific mercenary tokens, and it hasn't come up in one of my games yet...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Halasz
Hungary
Szada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IMO they can stuck in battle just like the normal armies.
From the rules:
"Mercenary counters can be removed from the board with a Remove Armies action..."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.