Matt Fullenwider
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
I'm not a moccodity!
mbmbmbmbmb
So how do these tiles work? Do they have to be placed in the far corners of the city, or are they mixed in with the rest of the non-temple tiles? Do you get to use the move anywhere/draw 2 cards bonuses just for landing on the tile, or do you have to make a contribution to get it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary C
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't seen this first hand yet with the rules, but just looking at the pictures of the two tiles on here I would say they look like neighborhood bonuses to me. So when tiles are completed orthogonally to these the contributors would gain the bonuses.

But then, that's just speculation! meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Doum
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As a guess, one of the bonuses is to allow a free move anywhere, the other appears to both cost two extra cards and return 2 extra as a bonus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
The neighborhood bonuses are clearly only the two crystals as shown in the upper-right corner of the unbuilt side. Perhaps, in addition to the normal tile functions, you can use the one as a teleporter (if you start your turn there?) and the other lets you draw two extra cards?

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Doum
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:
The neighborhood bonuses are clearly only the two crystals as shown in the upper-right corner of the unbuilt side. Perhaps, in addition to the normal tile functions, you can use the one as a teleporter (if you start your turn there?) and the other lets you draw two extra cards?

-MMM

Makes sense to me. The combined Hoax/Mimix building is a good idea. Those Hoax guys have always looked like they needed to have a good time. kiss kiss

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Fullenwider
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
I'm not a moccodity!
mbmbmbmbmb
AllenDoum wrote:

Makes sense to me. The combined Hoax/Mimix building is a good idea. Those Hoax guys have always looked like they needed to have a good time. kiss kiss

Except that it's a hospital, rather than a loveshack. And the other one is a town hall/meeting center. Wonder why the Hoax and the Khind weren't invited to the party? Then again who wants old fuddy-duddy wallflowers and a bunch of hyperactive mischievous little folk at a social function?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
maelic001 wrote:

Except that it's a hospital, rather than a loveshack. And the other one is a town hall/meeting center. Wonder why the Hoax and the Mimic weren't invited to the party?

The Mimix are. The Hoax aren't. Probably because they talk too much.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Fullenwider
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
I'm not a moccodity!
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:

The Mimix are. The Hoax aren't. Probably because they talk too much.

-MMM

Oops. I meant the Khind. Corrected above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Rough translations:

A player who ends his turn the hospital draws two additional cards

A player, who ends his turn on the meeting house may jump immediately to any other tile. The player can not however take any further actions or play cards for their special characteristics

It is clear that these special abilities can be used regardless of which side of the tile is showing. It mentions that the second expansion will also have two tiles, creating a square board. I believe these tiles are intended to go in the corners, rather than mixed in randomly, though it wasn't clear either way from the babelfish translation.

-MMM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Fullenwider
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
I'm not a moccodity!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the translation!

Can contributions be made on these tiles before the special ability is used?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume yes. The translation only states that the special ability triggers at the end of your turn, so you can't do anything after using the special power of the tile, but presumably you play your turn up to that point as normal.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Can anyone relate experiences purchasing this from Spielbox? Once I saw the images I knew I had to have it ASAP, so I popped over to the form and filled it out, and then flew into PayPal and sent my 8 Euro.

This was day before last. So far no email or anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
I only received an email from them once because I had overpaid. Otherwise I've never received a confirmation - just the envelope in the mail.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Gola
United States
Redding
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
and everything under the sun is in tune
mbmbmbmbmb
apotheos wrote:
Can anyone relate experiences purchasing this from Spielbox? Once I saw the images I knew I had to have it ASAP, so I popped over to the form and filled it out, and then flew into PayPal and sent my 8 Euro.

This was day before last. So far no email or anything.

I got a confirmation e-mail and the magazine showed up six days later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
My confirmation emails got eaten by my spam filter. I did, indeed, recieve them.

Waiting waiting waiting WHERE IS IT?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Close
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
apotheos wrote:
Waiting waiting waiting WHERE IS IT?

Patience, young Jedi. When I've ordered from them in the past I've typically receive my issue about 2 - 2 1/2 weeks later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Casadonte
United States
Media
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
The compass always points to Terrapin.
mbmbmbmbmb
apotheos wrote:
Can anyone relate experiences purchasing this from Spielbox?

Does anyone have the URL handy? And does anyone know if these will be published in any other manner?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Holdridge
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joe Casadonte wrote:
apotheos wrote:
Can anyone relate experiences purchasing this from Spielbox?

Does anyone have the URL handy? And does anyone know if these will be published in any other manner?

The two order form pages we used are:

http://www.spielbox.de/sbmain/sbalmkniziae.php

http://www.spielbox-magazin.de/sbbest066e.php

As to the second question, I can't tell you. We ordered the Almanac way back when it was first announced & I can see from some of the posts that some other US residents have had their almanacs delivered, but we didn't get ours yet. My wife thought it might be b/c we're in WI, but I can't see any pattern to the locales of people who say they have it already.

Anyone know if they all posted at once or were perhaps sent out in bundles in order that the payment was received? Or maybe people with subscriptions get theirs first?

I was really hoping to get this so we could try it this weekend, so I'm crossing my fingers it comes tomorrow or Saturday.

Hope all is well,

Eric

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Doum
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just ordered mine tonight. Went to the Spielbox page and clicked the Almanac ad. That led me to the order form.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Gola
United States
Redding
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shobi6669 wrote:
Anyone know if they all posted at once or were perhaps sent out in bundles in order that the payment was received? Or maybe people with subscriptions get theirs first?

I ordered mine on October 5th.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine arrived yesterday, 9 days after payment = amazing!

When I first opened the envelope I thought, my god, I just blew
$10 on what? A magazine I can't read and two tiles. But you know,
those two tiles made me very happy. Totally worth it. I think I'm
going to preorder the next expansion soon so I don't forget.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Gola
United States
Redding
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dkearns wrote:
When I first opened the envelope I thought, my god, I just blew $10 on what? A magazine I can't read and two tiles. But you know, those two tiles made me very happy. Totally worth it. I think I'm going to preorder the next expansion soon so I don't forget.

It's funny, that was exactly my reaction, except I don't think I'll order early since ordering late seems to have worked out pretty well.

I am glad to have the magazine, though. I know there's already a Knizia ludography on the web, but in that one each edition of every game is listed separately and it's a little harder to wade through.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bailey
United States
Broomfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
GO ROCKIES!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've enjoyed their expansions in the past and I don't mind spending $10 on them. The Thurn und Taxis expansion shuold be shipping in a week or so. In the past I bought the issues with the Carcassonne expansion and the St Petersburg expansion. I wish they would consider making an english language edition of their magazine because it's a beautiful magazine and that would be easier for me then learning to speak and read german.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Close
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maelic001 wrote:
So how do these tiles work?

Spielbox mailed a translation to Matt Stone, and it has been posted here under the Blue Moon City main game:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/130306

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
You and the Cap'n make it hap'n
mbmbmbmbmb
So are the tiles heavy stock? I mean, they feel and look similar to the originals?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.