Hide
16 Posts

Love Letter» Forums » Variants

Subject: Star Wars: Love Letter theme rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Saleem Noorali
msg tools
I just made this after playing Love Letter a couple times at our last game night. I got it for Christmas but it didn't fly too well. I think that it had to do with the theme.

Figured everyone likes Star Wars.

Link: http://i.imgur.com/FaWewK8.jpg

If someone could check it out and proof them before I order them to print. I did catch that I was missing a star for Princess Leia.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clifton Williams
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not like how you have different characters for your "3", "4", and "5", as it makes your "1" stormtrooper card almost completely useless. If you insist on having sifferent characters for the same number, I would suggest changing the stormtrooper test to read "pick a number and another player".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
c_s_williams1978 wrote:
I do not like how you have different characters for your "3", "4", and "5", as it makes your "1" stormtrooper card almost completely useless. If you insist on having sifferent characters for the same number, I would suggest changing the stormtrooper test to read "pick a number and another player".

This. A thousand times this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Vickers
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mb
c_s_williams1978 wrote:

But this way, it makes it more thematic to Star Wars, as Stormtroopers can never hit anything!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yao-ban Chan
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where is Obi-Wan? To me it makes more sense that Darth Vader should interact with Luke and Obi-Wan rather than Luke and Han.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saleem Noorali
msg tools
c_s_williams1978 wrote:

Not sure I fully understand you because of the typos or maybe a language barrier. The Stormtrooper is a Guard card. The text is exactly the same other than where I replaced "Guard" for "Stormtrooper".

I decided to have all of them be the same because they are the weakest. Also because of the text, otherwise I would have had to alter it even more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saleem Noorali
msg tools
Orntt wrote:
Where is Obi-Wan? To me it makes more sense that Darth Vader should interact with Luke and Obi-Wan rather than Luke and Han.

I understand what you are saying. I tried to pair up characters that would work well together hence [5] being Han and Chewie. It isn't exactly a 1 to 1 to the movie.

I was considering putting Obi-Wan or the Emperor in but just didn't find great artwork. Thanks for the feedback.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John de Wit
Canada
Airdrie
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Missing space in "Lower Value" on the Jabba/Yoda cards?

The problem with the Stormtrooper cards is that you've changed the odds. In the original game, if you play a guard and call for a baron, there should be two barons in play. You've separated the 2 barons into Jabba and Yoda. Do I call for Jabba, or Yoda, or just a #3 card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerold Wallis

Missouri
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Note there are already two star wars rethemes out there, one with pictures from the movies, and the other with re-drawn art.

Search on google using
artscow star wars love letter
to find them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Green
United States
North Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bingbangboom wrote:
Luke Skywalker - Trade hands with another player of your choice.
LOL.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saleem Noorali
msg tools
jdewit wrote:
Missing space in "Lower Value" on the Jabba/Yoda cards?

The problem with the Stormtrooper cards is that you've changed the odds. In the original game, if you play a guard and call for a baron, there should be two barons in play. You've separated the 2 barons into Jabba and Yoda. Do I call for Jabba, or Yoda, or just a #3 card?

Thanks for the missing space. Didn't even see that.

And yes, they would just say the value. Should play exactly the same though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saleem Noorali
msg tools
kmancheese wrote:
bingbangboom wrote:
Luke Skywalker - Trade hands with another player of your choice.
LOL.

I just caught that. LOL
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saleem Noorali
msg tools
Here is the Rules Card: http://prntscr.com/5ppvc0

And the List Card: http://prntscr.com/5ppw0p

Thanks for the feedback. Hoping to send these to get printed soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saleem Noorali
msg tools
Just got them printed: http://i.imgur.com/JQx3iM6.jpg

Very impressed with the quality.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Knapp
United States
Crystal Lake
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, if Leia is the Princess, it could end up being that Darth Vader is trying to get his letter of affection to Leia. Nothing like the father trying to hit on his daughter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Zoellner
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Xarou wrote:
Also, if Leia is the Princess, it could end up being that Darth Vader is trying to get his letter of affection to Leia. Nothing like the father trying to hit on his daughter.

That depends on the background-story. In the original game, there is also a prince (brother of the princess) and a king (father of the princess). They don't try to hit on the princess, but are helpers for you to get your letter to her.
The question would be: how is giving the letter to Darth Vader better then giving it to Luke? And wouldn't Han burn it, before giving it to Leia?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.