Subject: Additional Attacks? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Koehn
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When a unit, such as the blade master or the Gorilla with pummel says you may take another attack with this unit, do those attacks count towards your maximum of three attacks?

Example, could I move three Gorillas to surround a unit then attack and pummel on all three, or would I just be able to attack twice and pummel once?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Warhammer: Diskwars
mbmbmbmbmb
The extra attack from Pummel does not count as one of the 3 attacks for the turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Koehn
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet that means those kinds of abilities are really good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Meyer
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ALL FEAR THE HASTY GORILLA
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dok Indigo
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Actually, there are no 3 attacks per turn.

The rules say you get to attack with 3 units.

The ability of the gorilla lets you attack again with the same unit, so you still attack with 3 units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ad Astra Per Aspera
United States
Wesley Chapel
Florida
flag msg tools
No matter where you go, there you are.
badge
Preserve Our Wildlife!
mbmbmbmbmb
Though it is no substitution for over the table play, playing Summoner Wars on the phone (ios or Android) helped me understand the rules perfectly. Specifically timing.

For instance, gorillas attacking Smashers (Tundra Orcs common unit) counts as two hits automatically and therefore guarantees a second attack by the mighty gorillas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Koehn
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the responses. But I have one more query to add: In the upcoming alliances expansion the deep benders have a champion, the Owl Gryphon, who's ability is: (WARNING: paraphrasing imminent!)"Instead of attacking with this unit and your summoner you may place a card from your discard onto your magic pile". Would this mean you can only attack with one unit this turn? Or does it mean you just cannot attack with those units? (The question remains the same with any example of "instead of attacking with". See Prince Elein)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Warhammer: Diskwars
mbmbmbmbmb
The way you wrote here, you would only have one more attack this turn which can't be with that unit or the summoner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Connellan
United States
Binghamton
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword.
mbmbmbmbmb
DuelistofAges wrote:
Thanks for the responses. But I have one more query to add: In the upcoming alliances expansion the deep benders have a champion, the Owl Gryphon, who's ability is: (WARNING: paraphrasing imminent!)"Instead of attacking with this unit and your summoner you may place a card from your discard onto your magic pile". Would this mean you can only attack with one unit this turn? Or does it mean you just cannot attack with those units? (The question remains the same with any example of "instead of attacking with". See Prince Elein)

Instead of attacking with means you choose them to attack, but instead of attacking you do something else. So yes, of course it means it counts as an attack. You can't just use Elien's ability an infinite amount of times in a row because you never actually "attacked".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.