Subject: Illustration Service for Kickstarter rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anakin Man
msg tools
designer
publisher
Hello Everyone,

I am Anakin Man of Smoothie Games, the Designer & Art Director of Dark Age Z.

We provide service on Game Graphic Design, Illustration and 3D Video Gameplay Animation.

Our service is Kickstarter friendly!
We help minimizing your illustration investment before the project is successfully funded!

Phase 1 (Before KS project is funded): Only a mimimal Prepayment (as low as 20% of total cost).
Phase 2 (When Successfully FUNDED): Pay the remaining. (Ignore this payment if project cannot be funded.)

Please contact me at info@smoothie.hk, or leave me a message, if you are looking for game design services.

Here are some sample of our work.

Dark Age Z Facebook Fanpage:
https://www.facebook.com/smoothiegames.darkagez
Dark Age Z KS Campaign Site:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/105474156/dark-age-z
3D Gameplay Animation Production: (@1:20)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=486wI18exCw

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anakin Man
msg tools
designer
publisher
anakinman wrote:
Our service is Kickstarter friendly!
We help minimizing your illustration investment before the project is successfully funded!

Phase 1 (Before KS project is funded): Only a mimimal Prepayment (as low as 20% of total cost).
Phase 2 (When Successfully FUNDED): Pay the remaining.

We appreciation new ideas by supporting KS projects with our services! Please contact us!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hardy
India
Pune
Maharashtra
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Anakin,

This sounds like a great proposal indeed. I'm not looking for art at this very moment, but i have a new game in the works and i might be looking for art soon. So i was just curious as to how this works.

You take only a low part of the payment before the KS and take the other part only if the KS is funded? So if this is right, how can you be sure on the KS succeeding? Will it be a loss for you if it doesn't get funded? If it will be, how do you cope up with that?

Don't get me wrong, i'm not doubting your offer. I still think its really neat. I also enjoyed the art and the video for Dark Age Z. Seems like great professional stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anakin Man
msg tools
designer
publisher
Hi Tom,

Thanks for the enquiry. For the first part before KS, we will provide 80%-90% finished preview illustrations, which are good enough for displaying in browser screen in a low price. This preview version looks almost the same as the final version, but without a detailed finishing touch, and it is not recommended for production.

We will do our best to deliver profession illustrations for better KS funding. It could be a loss if a client project cannot be funded, and thus, it will be appreciated if our clients may credit us on their campaign, so to get more people to like our illustrations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Wilhelm
msg tools
mb
Your work looks amazing. I'm working on my first kickstarter project and need an artist to help me create the professional and great graphics that you provide, as well as help making a professional looking video for my kickstarter. I just posted a thread for the game before I saw this, please take a look and let me know if you're interested and we can talk numbers and get started!

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1326667/seeking-artist-ecolo...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguerys Targaryen
msg tools
designer
That sounds great, you mean you can do 100% of the material needed before a kickstarter campaign but only charge 20%? And if the project is not funded renounce to the 80% remaining?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Vitek
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My assumption is that you pay 20% upfront.
You get artwork, templates sufficient to run the KS and then if the KS funds, you get the rest at the pre-agreed price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anakin Man
msg tools
designer
publisher
Kevinwilhelm wrote:
Your work looks amazing. I'm working on my first kickstarter project and need an artist to help me create the professional and great graphics that you provide, as well as help making a professional looking video for my kickstarter. I just posted a thread for the game before I saw this, please take a look and let me know if you're interested and we can talk numbers and get started!

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1326667/seeking-artist-ecolo...

Thanks Kevin for the inquiry. We will send you PM to gather more information about your project.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anakin Man
msg tools
designer
publisher
Nich wrote:
My assumption is that you pay 20% upfront.
You get artwork, templates sufficient to run the KS and then if the KS funds, you get the rest at the pre-agreed price.

Thx Nicholas for the clarification and you are right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguerys Targaryen
msg tools
designer
I don't quite get it. Basically you do 20% of the full game (enough to run the campaign) for 20% of the payment. And if the kickstarter is funded, you do the 80% remaining for the remaining payment.

Isn't that like hiring an artist JUST for the material needed to run the kickstarter, but instead of agreeing a 50% upfront and 50& at job completion, you charge 100% upfront?

Edit: Also, once the kickstarter is funded there's no possibility of hiring a different artist. What you propose has, if I understood correctly, no benefit for the game designer, it is a sure bet for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Miguerys wrote:

Isn't that like hiring an artist JUST for the material needed to run the kickstarter, but instead of agreeing a 50% upfront and 50& at job completion, you charge 100% upfront?

Note that:
I don't see anywhere that they're suggesting that they necessarily charge 100% up-front.
If you hire an artist for 20% of the work for your KS campaign, they might no longer be available for work when you want the other 80% done, which could potentially seriously delay your project completion and upset your backers.
If you switch artist after your KS campaign concludes you may find backers get upset because you're not delivering what you promised - because they backed a project with art from artist X, not a project with art from artist Y.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguerys Targaryen
msg tools
designer
I meant 100% of the material needed for the kickstarter campaign that will be equal to 20% of the project.
Also it is not uncommon (actually the opposite) that the change of style is forced on the designer by the publishing house you sell the game to, because they usually have their own illustrators.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Miguerys wrote:

Also it is not uncommon (actually the opposite) that the change of style is forced on the designer by the publishing house you sell the game to, because they usually have their own illustrators.

Sure, but if you're kickstarting your game, you either do so with a publisher in the first place (in which case they will already have supplied an artist) or you're doing everything yourself, in which case a potential future publisher is irrelevant to this particular print run of your game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguerys Targaryen
msg tools
designer
That is true. But there is still no difference from hiring an artist just for that print, except the fact that we pay for that upfront. What they claim as "kickstarter friendly" and "minimizing investment" is basically not charging us for the part of the work that hasn't been done yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.