CapCom Street Fighter Deck-Building Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Red Cyclone and Super-Villains questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Pudas
Sweden
flag msg tools
Hi
I have only played this game 2 times so far, but i really like it. This is also my first experience with card-games and Cerberus.

I'm not really sure how the Red Cyclone-card works. It says that I should take a card from Line-up and put under my super hero, and then replace it..? Replace it with what? A card from my hand?

"Super-villains", is that the stage bosses? There was some card that stated that i would be rewarded if i've defeated a super-villain in the same turn.

Btw, is that super-villain defeated even though i wasn't able to defense the counter-attack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Replace just means you put it back where it came from. I'm not familiar withthe card you're talking about, so I don't know what the point would be.

Super-Villains are the equivalent of Stage Bosses in DC.

Stage Bosses are still defeated as long as you don't somehow lose the ability to generate enough Power to beat them, yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Pudas
Sweden
flag msg tools
Thanks for the fast answer!
The Red Cyclone looks like this:

What happens when I play it?
I play the RC, take a card from the Line-up and put it under my super hero, then I put the RC in the now empty spot in the line-up?
Or, I play the RC, take a card from the line-up and put it under my super hero, and then replace it with a card from my hand?
It's a little bit confusing for me. But as i mentioned earlier i am new to this kind of games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
You take a card from the lineup, put it under your hero, then replace the card from the main deck, refilling its place in the lineup.

The card you have taken isn't yours yet, but you may buy it in the normal way any time you have enough power - while it is under your hero, nobody else can buy it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Pudas
Sweden
flag msg tools
thumbsup for the answer!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carquinyoli

Tarragona
Catalunya
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pudas666 wrote:

I'm not really sure how the Red Cyclone-card works. It says that I should take a card from Line-up and put under my super hero, and then replace it..? Replace it with what? A card from my hand?

What Stephanie said. You put the card you want (of the Line-Up) under your super-hero and then "refill" that emptly slot in the Line-Up with a new card from the Deck. This way you have 5 (and not 4) cards to buy from the line-Up, plus the cards under your super-hero.
In the spoiler, some strategy hints about that card, that maybe you prefer not to read and discover yourself.
Spoiler (click to reveal)
This is pretty good for several things: you keep that card only for you, so you can buy it when you have enough power and prevent others from buying it.
It's also useful for "keeping" those *VP cards (that don't give much Power to your deck like Agents of Shadaloo for example) in your personal supply and buy all of them towards the end of the game. It comboes perfectly with Rose, which let you buy cards under your super-hero at lesser cost.

pudas666 wrote:

"Super-villains", is that the stage bosses? There was some card that stated that i would be rewarded if i've defeated a super-villain in the same turn.

Btw, is that super-villain defeated even though i wasn't able to defense the counter-attack?

Yes, Super-Villains = Stages = Final Bosses. I believe I read this clarification somewhere in the rulebook.

And Yes, if you have enough power to "buy" the Location/Stage, you defeat the Super-Villain/Boss but he always retaliates with the Counter Attack. So if you have a Defense card, you can avoid it. Anyway (with or without a Defense card) you gain the Location that goes to your Discard pile.

Enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.