Mice and Mystics» Forums » Rules

Subject: What happens if...? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carles Neira Garcia
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my last chapter we were fighting against rats and a centipede on the last tile and it happened that when fighting with the last minion rat I got a hit for him and when it was defending he got two cheeses fulfilling the cheese wheel and pushing the time marker to the end of the chapter. Is it supposed to be a victory or a defeat? I think we won because we have just defeated the last minion and also achieved all the objectives of the chapter, but I'm not very sure of that. What do you think about this matter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheese goes up first. So if that would have caused the wheel to fill up and the hourglass to reach the chapter end, then technically it's a loss.

But, you can certainly houserule it as a close call victory if you want to and then move on to the next chapter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmb
arguset wrote:
In my last chapter we were fighting against rats and a centipede on the last tile and it happened that when fighting with the last minion rat I got a hit for him and when it was defending he got two cheeses fulfilling the cheese wheel and pushing the time marker to the end of the chapter. Is it supposed to be a victory or a defeat? I think we won because we have just defeated the last minion and also achieved all the objectives of the chapter, but I'm not very sure of that. What do you think about this matter?

The creator of the game, Jerry Hawthorne, plays it as a "dramatic win", but has acknowledged that it's technically a loss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Koenig
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Huuuze wrote:
arguset wrote:

The creator of the game, Jerry Hawthorne, plays it as a "dramatic win", but has acknowledged that it's technically a loss.

^This.

I would count it as a win, but technically it is a loss. This question comes up on the forums at least 1 a month, so don't feel bad. It happens more common that one might think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carles Neira Garcia
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
koenigcitizen wrote:
Huuuze wrote:
arguset wrote:

^This.

I would count it as a win, but technically it is a loss. This question comes up on the forums at least 1 a month, so don't feel bad. It happens more common that one might think.

Thanks for the answers. I agree with you two. For the sake of the role playing atmosphere of the game, this is definitely a dramatic win at the last second.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
It's surprising how often this questions pops up here and how often it apparently happens for players. I don't remember a game, where I was even remotely close to be threatened by the clock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Jones
Canada
Ladner
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rattkin wrote:
It's surprising how often this questions pops up here and how often it apparently happens for players. I don't remember a game, where I was even remotely close to be threatened by the clock.

Really? I think this would be the most common way to lose a chapter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
So it seems. Just not for me. Maybe I'm playing this too much :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin S.
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rattkin wrote:
So it seems. Just not for me. Maybe I'm playing this too much

I don't think it's actually possible to play this too much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Forster
United States
Pleasant Prairie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Hey! Institute THIS!
mbmbmbmbmb
SnarksandBoojums wrote:
rattkin wrote:
So it seems. Just not for me. Maybe I'm playing this too much

I don't think it's actually possible to play this too much.

thumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.