Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Connor Alexander
United States
St. Augustine
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So the monthly gaming group ran Descent for the first time last weekend with great results. There were 5 of us, the girl surprisingly decided to join in for a game and ended up playing through all 3 scenerio's we played.

We switched up the role of Overlord, I started off, one of my friends took over during game 2 and I picked the mantle back up during game 3.

Results? Overwhelming excitement. We went as far as to use the soundboard proposed on this board for the third game. The games all lasted 3 hours minimum, but flew by. Rules were intuitive after the first 15 minutes. Scenerio's were fun for all. As with most groups on here, we were a little put off by the wide margin that the heroes seemed to be winning. One bronze treasure and they turned into powerhouses. Still, we seemed to learn, because by the third game I managed to squeak in a win as Overlord at the last second.

In general this has quickly become one of our favorite games and it is sure to hit the table again as soon as possible. The scenerio creator provided by FFG is an incredibly useful tool as well, and I look forward to giving it a try and trying my hand at my own scenerios.

One word of advice I would give is to use some form of random character selection. One popular method seems to be dealing out a number of characters equal to the number of players +1, then letting them choose. In our games we let the players choose whoever they wanted, which really contributed to them making a 'super group' that didn't give the overlord a chance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.