Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
kerli
United Kingdom
Yate, Bristol
South Glos
flag msg tools
badge
I keep safe all the stories that have ever been, are and will be.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm making the PnP version - Ilya77

Bu the only versions I've found of the board, are all on one page. Surely it can't fit on just one A4?

tuskel,
sincerely

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian S.
United States
Miniapples
Minisoda
flag msg tools
01010011 01001000 01000001 01001100 01001100 00100000 01010111 01000101 00100000 01010000 01001100 01000001 01011001 00100000 01000001 00100000 01000111 01000001 01001101 01000101 00111111
mbmbmbmbmb
I used PosteRazor to spread the map image across four pages. Worked fine for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raithyn
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I used Gimp to split it over 6 letter size sheets and save the final product as a PDF. PosteRazor would work fine as well, but I changed a few details (like fixing the round order icons) to match the always outward orientation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Avalon Hill original board is 405 mm wide by 414 mm high, or roughly 16" x 16". There is about 6-7 mm of "white space" at the top and bottom, and 1-2 mm of "white space" on both sides.

The planet on the board is a circle of radius 182 mm, without the black boarder. With boarder, r = 184 mm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Storm
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Go bigger. The tiny original board was the worst thing about the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Cowley
Australia
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tuskel wrote:
I'm making the PnP version - Ilya77

Bu the only versions I've found of the board, are all on one page. Surely it can't fit on just one A4?

tuskel,
sincerely

Where did you get the image from? I am struggling to find it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Cowley
Australia
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ah, found it, one of the links on Ilya's post worked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Kustom
United Kingdom
Brampton, Carlisle
flag msg tools
mb
The really nice boards which are linked in Tragictheblathering's post in files are really awesome! (Kudos to the makers) but what would be a good size to print the game board to? Those awesome images are almost 50x50 inches (unless my maths is screwed, which is a strong possibility)
Can anyone give me an idea of what a good size should be to print this as a board? I'm thinking of 25 inches by 25 inches
What do people think?
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Marvosh
United States
Boise
ID
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AllanKustom wrote:
The really nice boards which are linked in Tragictheblathering's post in files are really awesome! (Kudos to the makers) but what would be a good size to print the game board to? Those awesome images are almost 50x50 inches (unless my maths is screwed, which is a strong possibility)
Can anyone give me an idea of what a good size should be to print this as a board? I'm thinking of 25 inches by 25 inches
What do people think?
Thanks

Original 16x16 board isn't WAY too small, just a little bit. 20x20 would be fine. 25x25 would only be necessary if comfortable on your table. It's important to keep in mind that on most of the board nothing is happening most of the time, so making people reach way across it for their troops every turn could get tiring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bredon
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The original board does have the advantage of playing 6 people on a 24" square table.
Plan the size of your board to your table, leaving 4-6 inches on each side for player areas, and you should be ok.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.