Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been playing you randomly select Japanese Reinforcemnets.
However if this is the case why would you bother to place damaged units (full strenghth) to the bottom of the relevant Reinforcement stack.

If they are not random, what is the starting order do you randomly place them , if so it does give some intelligence as to the next reinforcement unit of each type.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
flag msg tools
1 Player hardcore
badge
Lone Warrior
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this was not clearly defined in the rule book. I was doing the same thing.

I believe DVG intends you to randomly combine all the reinforcements by type (naval, infantry, LBA) into a single stack each. When moving reinforcements from staging to Japan, pull them from top to bottom. This way, damaged Japanese units can be returned but are pulled after all the units that were ahead of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that's the idea. the Japanese only do repairs after they have brought out their normal reinforcements into play. If you're lucky and you have managed to damage a large number of Japanese CVs and BBs, you may be able to keep them off the board for the rest of the game by slowing down the flow of reinforcements. It's only worthwhile of course if the units you have damaged are more threatening than the regular reinforcements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.