Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: dice [+] [View All]
J Jacy
United States
Waltham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can one expand the number of players for Tumblin Dice by simply using more dice in different colors? Or if one really wanted to add more players (listed as 1-4) could one put two of the boards next to eachother and play with 8 (hard to tell from the pics posted)?

I think the game sounds interesting, but as far as dexterity games go, I think more players usually means more fun.

Thanks,

-jjacy1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mrbass
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well...I've tried it but it becomes too chaotic. Ok that sounds crazy but once people get down the aim semi-decently there are a lot of collisions and knock offs. Adding a 5th player or 6th player then what happens is going first you really get screwed as it's almost a guarantee if you have a good score on a 3X or 4X section it WILL get knocked off.

On the same thought I've tried adding 5 dice and 6 dice to each player but it's too much. Only thing I'd play is like this:

2 players (8 dice each)
3 players (4 dices each)
4 players (4 dice each)

After each round, whoever is leading goes first (this is a disadvantage...ever so slight). Also yesterday I definitely could've used two boards of tumblin dice as we had people waiting to join. I did buy two actually but sold one to a friend and he says he'll let me borrow it so I can have two available for an upcoming family reunion in 2 weeks.

Also we tried playing teams yesterday and yeah it works and all but it's not as great as everyone for themselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
I added 2 extra sets of dice (4 per set). If you play with 6 players, it's best to play with 3 teams. You may want to reduce everyone to 3 dice with 6 players to keepp the dice clutter on the board down but it can be done. As mentioned, it can be more chaotic but it's still fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rhonda Bender
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with the other commenters that four actually is a nice number for this game, and probably the optimum. However, I've played with six by adding dice of different colours, and we had fun with that, too. It is a little more chaotic, but still fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.