Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
PH store says it's now out of stock. Not even for preorder. I'm waiting few months for this. This is my money here. Why you don't want it?

I know virtually noone who has the game and played it. I'm beginning to suspect that all the forum posts are just random bots.

Seriously.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
youtube.com/neatozen
badge
follow me on twitter: @zenxacred
mbmbmbmbmb
rattkin wrote:
I'm beginning to suspect that all the forum posts are just random bots.

Seriously.

CRAP. He's made us! surprisesurprise

Scatter!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Beyke
United States
Louisville
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rattkin wrote:
PH store says it's now out of stock. Not even for preorder. I'm waiting few months for this. This is my money here. Why you don't want it?

I know virtually noone who has the game and played it. I'm beginning to suspect that all the forum posts are just random bots.

Seriously.

Did you preorder it? The game has come and gone in about 5 waves now. Actually ordering it will be the only way that money turns into a game.

Also, Did you read what the page said? It's in the exact same orderable status that it was, only with wording to try and answers questions that continuously get asked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Blair
United States
Fuquay Varina
NC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ordered in December, received it in December. This bot and his bot friends have enjoyed it immensely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Lampinen
Finland
Espoo
none
flag msg tools
(and a hermit)
badge
Fan of FUN games!
mbmbmb
My FLGS got it couple of weeks ago, maybe you should check when your own countries shops get it and not the US publisher site, maybe it's on it's way already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
It was just funny exaggeration, my merry bots. Preorder is almost out of question for EU folks, I touched that subject some time ago in other thread. Paying $60 for shipment is a tad on the wacky side.

Let me rephrase this - will this game ever become available in EU? It would seem that most of the wave hits the US and it's not available in EU shops. You can tell, by looking at the marketplace here on BGG - almost exclusively US. And the prices aren't high out of the thin air. It's just stupidly hard to get this game, it seems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Beyke
United States
Louisville
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Copies are currently en route to the UK.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
Fair point. But it's dead of winter here, literally (plethora of snow when looking through window) and I feel that I'm missing on the experience :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Grant
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's probably a publisher war between PHG and Portal, because Colby really wanted a copy of Tajemnicze Domostwo and can't find a copy.

Or maybe none of that is true.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
BTBAM wrote:

Also, Did you read what the page said? It's in the exact same orderable status that it was, only with wording to try and answers questions that continuously get asked.

Yeah, sure I did. While we're at it, PH store doesn't have the most friendly interface in the world. Status of "will be available in 1-2 months" or "2-5 months" tells little, especially if it's there for 3 months. Why couldn't it say - "expected by mid of January 2015"?

So the status says that it's not there, but I can order it, freeze the money and wait for indisclosed amount of time. Sadly, this is not how the world turns these days.

The only statuses that should be there are "available" and "not available, expected by ...". The other ones just introduce confusion and (in my case) frustration. That, and months of not working paging on the site (1,2,3,4 and so on), even though I reported it like year ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
Billgrant wrote:
It's probably a publisher war between PHG and Portal, because Colby really wanted a copy of Tajemnicze Domostwo and can't find a copy.

If that's the case, I can mail him few boxes this instant :). The game is a major disappointment, though, and I love Dixit, Fabula, Gloom, Winter Tales and storytelling in general.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Beyke
United States
Louisville
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Billgrant wrote:

We have a copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Beyke
United States
Louisville
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The page doesn't say 1-2 months anymore, it says as of Dec. 19th copies are backordered, and orders from Dec. 19th on will get filled when shipments arrive, by the oldest first. However, we just shipped a few more out so that's more like 28th of Dec.

It doesn't say "By this time" because that doesn't give flexibility. That information used to be readily available, but non specific target dates started to become set in stone when they weren't set in stone, it's very hard to have things in this industry set in stone so far out to a specific date. This just gives it's place in the process and the typical times those steps take.

But for a game 30,000 backdated, getting in line has been a lot of people's way of making sure they get one, and they've received it because of them doing so. That's not to say waiting for it is bad, it isn't and it's completely fine, shipping understandable and everything, but for that it just takes longer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Carson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rattkin wrote:

Seriously.

We're not random. We were made with a purpose.

End of line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Angel
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ordered at the end of December and just got my shipping notice today!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dj sabor
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rattkin wrote:
BTBAM wrote:

Yeah, sure I did. While we're at it, PH store doesn't have the most friendly interface in the world. Status of "will be available in 1-2 months" or "2-5 months" tells little, especially if it's there for 3 months. Why couldn't it say - "expected by mid of January 2015"?

So the status says that it's not there, but I can order it, freeze the money and wait for indisclosed amount of time. Sadly, this is not how the world turns these days.

The only statuses that should be there are "available" and "not available, expected by ...". The other ones just introduce confusion and (in my case) frustration. That, and months of not working paging on the site (1,2,3,4 and so on), even though I reported it like year ago.

What do you mean by "freeze the money"? Most places don't charge until items are shipped. Is that not the case at PH?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Connell
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had my copy since the first week of August, so they do exist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Grant
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BTBAM wrote:
Billgrant wrote:

We have a copy.

Hopefully it was clear I was entirely kidding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Billgrant wrote:
BTBAM wrote:
Billgrant wrote:

We have a copy.

Not since the whole Secret Cabal / One Night Ultimate Werewolf fiasco have I been able to trust you, Bill!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Beyke
United States
Louisville
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Billgrant wrote:

Oh, definitely. I tried grabbing one at BGGCon and they were sold out, got on board as soon as we got back cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Beyke
United States
Louisville
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
djsabor wrote:

What do you mean by "freeze the money"? Most places don't charge until items are shipped. Is that not the case at PH?

Really? Anytime I pre-order a game at Miniature Market or CSI (Netrunner/X Wing/Descent FFG stuff typically) it's always charged before shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Grant
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
Billgrant wrote:
BTBAM wrote:
Billgrant wrote:

We have a copy.

Not since the whole Secret Cabal / One Night Ultimate Werewolf fiasco have I been able to trust you, Bill!

This is good advice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Reimus
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You have to take a chance. I 'pre-ordered' in late December. Game is in the mail. I think I was one of those last few.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hrvoje Golubić
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
I was wondering the same thing. Will this game ever be available to buy in EU.If anybody has some info where to buy it in EU i would really Appreciate it...thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Beyke
United States
Louisville
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Black_mustang wrote:
I was wondering the same thing. Will this game ever be available to buy in EU.If anybody has some info where to buy it in EU i would really Appreciate it...thank you!

Esdivium has very recently restocked up. You should see it showing up in stores in the UK soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.