Recommend
15 
 Thumb up
 Hide
63 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » The Village Square

Subject: Wolf of the Week 209: Benesephiir rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shawna
United States
flag msg tools
badge
You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.
Avatar
mbmbmb
I had a short list of some really great choices for the next Wolf of the Week. It was a hard decision! Ultimately, I decided upon someone that has consistently impressed me throughout multiple games. We've played in some unique games together, and he is always a joy to play with even when we're on opposite teams and when I'm chasing him all through the Cassandra Physics system. Good people, I present to you Wolf of the Week 209...

United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I don't remember eating corn!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


Benesephiir wrote:
I have been playing Werewolf after out of town Magic tournaments since the mid 90's, but I started playing much more often when Mike and I [ImageID=http://cf.geekdo-static.com/avatars/avatar_1232073389.jpg] (today is our 8th dating anniversary). bought a home together we turned the master bedroom into the gameroom and started hosting gaming parties (including werewolf) immediately.
I played my first game of BGG Werewolf in June 2014 (modded by nolemonplease)after Mike insisted that I explore BGG. I had a blast playing the self-proclaimed medium (villager) who luckily had some very good information to dig up from the dead players (Crimson Fox and Kuchick) against the tricksy wolves Irina and Kendahl.
It took me MUCH longer to be comfortable as a wolf, though. I just this week had my first game as a wolf that I was actually pretty proud of.


Poll
Two Truths and a Lie
I was a Dungeon Master at age 14 and all my friends' characters were named after the vegetable cans we used to represent their characters in the battle grid.
My first memory is a dream where I am on a milk truck being chased by a wolf and I throw glass milk bottles at it until I wake up.
A fan letter I wrote to Sergio Aragones about cheese dip was published in an issue of Groo the Wanderer, but my name was misspelled.
      13 answers
Poll created by shawnad2006
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawna
United States
flag msg tools
badge
You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.
Avatar
mbmbmb
Congrats, Benes! Or is it Bends? =P

What's your favorite role (class?) to play in D&D?
What is your alignment?
Favorite breakfast? Lunch? Dinner?
Song that has been stuck in your head lately?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Benes!

We need a story about your name.

And what historical figure are you having dinner with and what are you stealing from their personage?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I don't remember eating corn!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
shawnad2006 wrote:
Congrats, Benes! Or is it Bends? =P

What's your favorite role (class?) to play in D&D?
What is your alignment?
Favorite breakfast? Lunch? Dinner?
Song that has been stuck in your head lately?


Thanks! I am thrilled to be in such great company!

Anything that is part of my name you like I accept. If you are going to go for a common autocorrect, I prefer 'Beans.'

If the DM knows how to deal with them in a way that they aren't terrible, I will always play a bard. If this is not the case, I enjoy a cleric who can take a punch (or a bash).

Contrarian Lawful Good? Rule-Loving Chaotic Good?. I mean: I love rules, but I hate laws that encourage corruption, so I question rules and laws enough to be annoying to my close friends. Once I know the rules, I act pretty Chaotic good, though. SO, yeah... Hot Mess Good is my final answer.

Coffee is my favorite breakfast.
Lunch and dinner would be the same: Anything spicy. Thai, Indian and Mexican food are all winners. I make Guacamole regularly.

I could pretend I am not a weirdo, but this almost never happens to me. I enjoy music when I listen to it, but if I am not actively thinking, my head is pretty empty.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I don't remember eating corn!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
RoyalApe wrote:
Benes!

We need a story about your name.

And what historical figure are you having dinner with and what are you stealing from their personage?


The name us made up. It is the surname of my Everquest Bard from back when that was a game people played.
Bene meaning good.
Seph from Joseph (my middle name)
iir (because it sounds like a musical kind of ending to a name)
or a misspelling or seraphim might also have been in my head at the time.

HA! yes.

I would steal Van Gogh's ear right before he gave it as a gift and wear it on a necklace.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Benesephiir wrote:
RoyalApe wrote:
Benes!

We need a story about your name.

And what historical figure are you having dinner with and what are you stealing from their personage?


The name us made up. It is the surname of my Everquest Bard from back when that was a game people played.
Bene meaning good.
Seph from Joseph (my middle name)
iir (because it sounds like a musical kind of ending to a name)
or a misspelling or seraphim might also have been in my head at the time.

HA! yes.

I would steal Van Gogh's ear right before he gave it as a gift and wear it on a necklace.


You are a sick lamb.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
a quiet free spirit with a mysterious past
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Benesephiir wrote:
I could pretend I am not a weirdo, but this almost never happens to me. I enjoy music when I listen to it, but if I am not actively thinking, my head is pretty empty.

At first, I thought there was a song named "I could pretend I am not a weirdo" and I was really excited because it sounded indie. ..and then I read the other sentences. laugh

Congrats Bene! You're awesome.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Who took the Bomp from the Bompalompalomp? Who took the Ram from the Ramalamading dong?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm terrible at coming up with questions to ask people. But I just wanted to drop in and say, I have a lot of favorite people around here, but you are easily one of my favorites of the favorites. I love the attitude you bring to games, and the way you handle things when conflict happens. And you are hilarious. Outside of the Werewolf world as well, I just adore you.

You were a star back in that Lemonade Stand game! I loved watching you play in that game.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I don't remember eating corn!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
nolemonplease wrote:
I'm terrible at coming up with questions to ask people. But I just wanted to drop in and say, I have a lot of favorite people around here, but you are easily one of my favorites of the favorites. I love the attitude you bring to games, and the way you handle things when conflict happens. And you are hilarious. Outside of the Werewolf world as well, I just adore you.

You were a star back in that Lemonade Stand game! I loved watching you play in that game.


The answer to your question is:

lambpillow cuddlehug PAFF!

Thanks, Caitlin.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I don't remember eating corn!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
RoyalApe wrote:
Benesephiir wrote:
RoyalApe wrote:
Benes!

We need a story about your name.

And what historical figure are you having dinner with and what are you stealing from their personage?


The name us made up. It is the surname of my Everquest Bard from back when that was a game people played.
Bene meaning good.
Seph from Joseph (my middle name)
iir (because it sounds like a musical kind of ending to a name)
or a misspelling or seraphim might also have been in my head at the time.

HA! yes.

I would steal Van Gogh's ear right before he gave it as a gift and wear it on a necklace.


You are a sick lamb.


lol. yeah. I definitely could never. It just struck me as a funny answer.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Habeo in animo vivere in perpetuum aut mori dum conor.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats, Bene!

What are some of your favorite board games?

Favorite WW game?

Favorite role?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I don't remember eating corn!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MD1616 wrote:
Congrats, Bene!

What are some of your favorite board games?

Favorite WW game?

Favorite role?


My favorite Board Games change at the moment would probably be:

WizWar
Seasons
Belfort
Betrayal at the House on the Hill
Bacchus' Banquet (I have to use a British Fop voice while I play... for no good reason)
Boss Monster
Titan the Arena
Splendor

my favorite game on BGG is still my first one. I had time to plan how I wanted to play and I studied up on people. I have not had time to do that since.

My favorite role is probably evil/good lover pair or any other hidden partnership with a win condition to kill everyone else. I also really loved Gargoyles when I thought I was a team with Peer. It was still cool when I discovered we weren't actually on my team, but it was not what I planned on.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Habeo in animo vivere in perpetuum aut mori dum conor.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Benesephiir wrote:
MD1616 wrote:
Congrats, Bene!

What are some of your favorite board games?

Favorite WW game?

Favorite role?


My favorite Board Games change at the moment would probably be:

WizWar
Seasons
Belfort
Betrayal at the House on the Hill
Bacchus' Banquet (I have to use a British Fop voice while I play... for no good reason)
Boss Monster
Titan the Arena
Splendor

my favorite game on BGG is still my first one. I had time to plan how I wanted to play and I studied up on people. I have not had time to do that since.

My favorite role is probably evil/good lover pair or any other hidden partnership with a win condition to kill everyone else. I also really loved Gargoyles when I thought I was a team with Peer. It was still cool when I discovered we weren't actually on my team, but it was not what I planned on.


Nice picks! If you play T:TA, any chance you're a Galaxy fan?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I don't remember eating corn!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MD1616 wrote:
Benesephiir wrote:
MD1616 wrote:
Congrats, Bene!

What are some of your favorite board games?

Favorite WW game?

Favorite role?


My favorite Board Games change at the moment would probably be:

WizWar
Seasons
Belfort
Betrayal at the House on the Hill
Bacchus' Banquet (I have to use a British Fop voice while I play... for no good reason)
Boss Monster
Titan the Arena
Splendor

my favorite game on BGG is still my first one. I had time to plan how I wanted to play and I studied up on people. I have not had time to do that since.

My favorite role is probably evil/good lover pair or any other hidden partnership with a win condition to kill everyone else. I also really loved Gargoyles when I thought I was a team with Peer. It was still cool when I discovered we weren't actually on my team, but it was not what I planned on.


Nice picks! If you play T:TA, any chance you're a Galaxy fan?


I have not played that. I will look into it.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Original Thumb #50
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Great choice for WotW and congrats Bene. I enjoyed our discussions in Ironman and glad you joined up.

Sabres or Bills or neither?
What's your favorite roleset that you've played?
What's the one thing you would recommend to a visitor to Buffalo that's not Niagra Falls?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I don't remember eating corn!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ohgrande wrote:
Great choice for WotW and congrats Bene. I enjoyed our discussions in Ironman and glad you joined up.

Sabres or Bills or neither?
What's your favorite roleset that you've played?
What's the one thing you would recommend to a visitor to Buffalo that's not Niagra Falls?


Thanks Ohg!

Both and neither. I can watch games because I know all the rules, but I don't follow any sports teams. I'd go with someone to a game because I love the energy or go to a party where the main activity is to watch the game. I can be pretty convincing that I care who wins.

I keep thinking about Lemonade Stand. I loved that there were 2 types of alternate seer variants. The more original a set is though, the more I think the set needs an alternate set up to make the balance work out though. I really like games with extra chats or physics mechanics.

Anyone that comes to Buffalo should come to a game night at my house. Otherwise Buffalo has a large supply of restaurants, art galleries and theatre troops. I think the best asset in Buffalo is the people. No matter what you like to do there's a group of cool people who like to do that, you just need to find it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Morcerf
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
It is an art -- the growing of the moustache! I have sympathy for all who attempt it.
badge
You can dwell on the sh*t, or you can just leave it behind in people's beds & keep going.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats, Benese! It's about dang time!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Morcerf
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
It is an art -- the growing of the moustache! I have sympathy for all who attempt it.
badge
You can dwell on the sh*t, or you can just leave it behind in people's beds & keep going.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
How many questions do you think I will ask you in this thread? Give your best estimate.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Habeo in animo vivere in perpetuum aut mori dum conor.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Favorite WW player count?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
With Trigirl being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. Just don't lock clear her for tone. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably just be murdalated.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Better yet, how many questions would you like me to ask you (after this one)?

I will ask you that many.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Morcerf
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
It is an art -- the growing of the moustache! I have sympathy for all who attempt it.
badge
You can dwell on the sh*t, or you can just leave it behind in people's beds & keep going.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:
Better yet, how many questions would you like me to ask you (after this one)?

I will ask you that many.

It's a trap! She will ask you that many, and then ask you more.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I don't remember eating corn!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DeMorcerf wrote:
How many questions do you think I will ask you in this thread? Give your best estimate.


I'll guess 12. I like numbers that are divisible by 4 and 8 seems too low.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I don't remember eating corn!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MD1616 wrote:
Favorite WW player count?


I like there to be a good mix of a solid base of players I know with some awesome veterans who are full of tricks and some eager noobies, so I'd say 16* is ideal for me.

*one of my favorite numbers (because 4x4)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I don't remember eating corn!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:
Better yet, how many questions would you like me to ask you (after this one)?

I will ask you that many.


I think 8 is enough. Especially after whatever number Demo asks.



1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I don't remember eating corn!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
4thvillager wrote:
Benesephiir wrote:
MD1616 wrote:
Favorite WW player count?


I like there to be a good mix of a solid base of players I know with some awesome veterans who are full of tricks and some eager noobies, so I'd say 16* is ideal for me.

*one of my favorite numbers (because 4x4)

Congratulations! Does this mean you like my username?


If your name was a game piece and also purple, I would never be able to think it wasn't mine.

So, yes. I love your name. Have I told you how often I am picked as villager? I have been in 2 games where there were 12+ people and only 1 villager and it was me.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.