BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals » Hot Deals - Europe

Subject: Carcassonne rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Weldon
United Kingdom
barnsley
flag msg tools
Ok so ive noticed that Carcassonne has sky rocketed in price since the new edition has come out (+£40 in 2 days) but waterstones has it on thei website for £24.99. The stores sell it for £29.99 but most of them will just mark it down on the spot. if not just order click and collect on your phone while your in the store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Gibson
United Kingdom
Taunton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or get it from Amazon.de for 15 euros.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Weldon
United Kingdom
barnsley
flag msg tools
fair point but doesnt ordering from .de need a local address instead of an English one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, and shipping costs aren't outrageous either. Delivery in 2 - 3 days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Watson
United Kingdom
Cambridge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope. Delivers to the UK just fine. Costs a few Euros, but it's pretty reasonable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Weldon
United Kingdom
barnsley
flag msg tools
well you learn everyday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Berndt
United Kingdom
Gloucester
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered Carcassonne South Seas from Amazon.de and it only had a German manual, you can find the English rules easily online and none of the tiles are language dependent in South Seas or the original Carcassonne.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy P
United Kingdom
Malvern
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Two lines of thought based simply on experience. Carcassonne in pretty much any version is cheaper on Amazon.De. The fact is that every rules book for Carcassonne is available on the geek and because of the game it is the rules are normally very short for printing purposes. I ordered South Seas when it first came out from there and its about 4 pages.

The other thought is that there have been so many copies of the RGG edition of Carcassonne printed that eBay is littered with very lightly or even never played copies of the game through the year. Buying the Z man Edition is almost pointless. If your buying for looks then the Winter edition is possibly the most attractive anyway. If your buying for expansions then the new art does not mesh wish existing expansions very well..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Blackwell
United Kingdom
Saltdean
East Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
davisdynamos wrote:
Nope. Delivers to the UK just fine. Costs a few Euros, but it's pretty reasonable.

I think the last thing I ordered cost €7 p&p for 1 item. More you buy the better the spread, I seem to recall.

M B

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacky Pohl
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
toolbum wrote:
I ordered Carcassonne South Seas from Amazon.de and it only had a German manual, you can find the English rules easily online and none of the tiles are language dependent in South Seas or the original Carcassonne.

Interesting since it says explicitly the game comes with manuals in IT, DE, FR, EN, ES. Still hard to resist at this price point right now:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Berndt
United Kingdom
Gloucester
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah it does mention that in the listing but mine did not come with the extra manuals.I thought about contacting Amazon but I really don't want to have to send it back. Instead, I got in contact with Z-Man games to see if they could send me an English manual but I'm yet to hear from them.

JackyTheRipper wrote:
toolbum wrote:

Interesting since it says explicitly the game comes with manuals in IT, DE, FR, EN, ES. Still hard to resist at this price point right now:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Cosgrove
United Kingdom
Bury St Edmunds
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmb
amazon.de shipping to the uk went up for 3-4 euro to 6-7 euro a while back for most board game sized packages, but as someone said above, it rarely adds more than another euro per extra game you add.

Ordering from amazon.de is pretty much seemless, you do need to register on that website, but if you use Chrome as a browser, it auto-translates everything!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tara
United Kingdom
York
England
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whilst it says "Deutsch, Italienisch manual, Deutsch manual, Französisch manual, Englisch manual, Spanisch manual, Deutsch published" only the Deutsch is "published" and the rules are available for download/print from Z-Man Games the link for which is on BGG http://boardgamegeek.com/weblink/168740/z-man-games-rules-ca.... Just my opinion I know but I don't think it is fair to ask Z-Man Games for an English copy of the manual when you haven't bought the game from them and they have made it available on the internet for free.
toolbum wrote:
Yeah it does mention that in the listing but mine did not come with the extra manuals.I thought about contacting Amazon but I really don't want to have to send it back. Instead, I got in contact with Z-Man games to see if they could send me an English manual but I'm yet to hear from them.

JackyTheRipper wrote:
toolbum wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Berndt
United Kingdom
Gloucester
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm more than happy to pay for it though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Andrews
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Carc South Seas just arrived for me from Amazon.de - took about a week and cost c.£13 including postage. I haven't busted it open to check the rules though, but for that price I don't mind printing them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacky Pohl
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yorkrambler wrote:
Whilst it says "Deutsch, Italienisch manual, Deutsch manual, Französisch manual, Englisch manual, Spanisch manual, Deutsch published" only the Deutsch is "published"

I guess that's one way to read this. I for one thought the mentioned languages would be included not be "available elsewhere".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacky Pohl
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, let me see what I get. If it comes with an English manual I am happy to forward it to you, Alexander!

toolbum wrote:

JackyTheRipper wrote:
toolbum wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Moore
United Kingdom
Dunfermline
Fife
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the heads up about the Amazon.de prices...

I have just ordered the South Seas and the Winter editions, for a grand total of £21.10 (27 Euros) delivered for both.

Couldn't resist at that price!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Moore
United Kingdom
Dunfermline
Fife
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mudshark_baby wrote:

I think the last thing I ordered cost €7 p&p for 1 item. More you buy the better the spread, I seem to recall.

M B

Just as a bit of info regarding the shipping cost from Amazon.de to the UK...

I just added the South Seas edition to my basket, and on checkout shipping was going to be 6.41 Euros to the UK, so I added the Winter edition to my basket, and the shipping cost remained the same for both, 6.41 Euros, so it looks like it is a flat rate, and worth ordering 2+ items at a time...(they do have to be from Amazon though, not 3rd party sellers)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Heap
United Kingdom
Birmingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My South seas from Amazon.de turned up today also with German manual only. Very happy with it :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Berndt
United Kingdom
Gloucester
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's very kind of you, thank you!

JackyTheRipper wrote:
Well, let me see what I get. If it comes with an English manual I am happy to forward it to you, Alexander!

toolbum wrote:

JackyTheRipper wrote:
toolbum wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris ward
Scotland
Paisley
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On Amazon.de postage to the UK.

I placed an order fr 4 games this week,( Strasbourg, la isla, Speicherstadt,and rRokoko) total postage was approx 8 Euro. Postage for Strasbourg alone was approx 7 Euro. So, yes postage for additional items canbe very ccheap. And even the initial 7 Euro is pretty good.

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.