Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Crowdfunding: Kickstarter» Forums » General

Subject: Kickstarter dropping Amazon payments rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw on Facebook that Kickstarter has dropped Amazon Payments (or will drop?) and switch to Stripe.

I've never heard of Stripe, so I don't know if this is good or bad. Anyone care to comment?

I personally liked Amazon, as it already had my info, so I didn't need to sign up for anything else.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is that Amazon is discontinuing the payments service which Kickstarter uses, so they have no choice but to switch to something else.

Here's a list of some high-profile sites that use Stripe
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bruiser419 wrote:
I saw on Facebook that Kickstarter has dropped Amazon Payments (or will drop?) and switch to Stripe.

I've never heard of Stripe, so I don't know if this is good or bad. Anyone care to comment?

I personally liked Amazon, as it already had my info, so I didn't need to sign up for anything else.

While that is a relatively new announcement, though it is already into the third page of discussion here: Kickstarter Ditches Amazon Payments for Stripe.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jimmcmahon wrote:
Bruiser419 wrote:
I saw on Facebook that Kickstarter has dropped Amazon Payments (or will drop?) and switch to Stripe.

I've never heard of Stripe, so I don't know if this is good or bad. Anyone care to comment?

I personally liked Amazon, as it already had my info, so I didn't need to sign up for anything else.

While that is a relatively new announcement, though it is already into the third page of discussion here: Kickstarter Ditches Amazon Payments for Stripe.


My bad. Sorry.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bruiser419 wrote:
jimmcmahon wrote:
Bruiser419 wrote:
I saw on Facebook that Kickstarter has dropped Amazon Payments (or will drop?) and switch to Stripe.

I've never heard of Stripe, so I don't know if this is good or bad. Anyone care to comment?

I personally liked Amazon, as it already had my info, so I didn't need to sign up for anything else.

While that is a relatively new announcement, though it is already into the third page of discussion here: Kickstarter Ditches Amazon Payments for Stripe.


My bad. Sorry.
No need to be. Hope I didn't come across as upset or anything. Because I wasn't.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl with one "R"
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jimmcmahon wrote:
No need to be. Hope I didn't come across as upset or anything. Because I wasn't.

I don't know. Your avatar looks pretty angry.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
nbread wrote:
jimmcmahon wrote:
No need to be. Hope I didn't come across as upset or anything. Because I wasn't.

I don't know. Your avatar looks pretty angry.

Naah, that's a smile.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
nbread wrote:
jimmcmahon wrote:
No need to be. Hope I didn't come across as upset or anything. Because I wasn't.

I don't know. Your avatar looks pretty angry.


Bumble's are sorely misunderstood soblue
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl with one "R"
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Misterboy wrote:
nbread wrote:
jimmcmahon wrote:
No need to be. Hope I didn't come across as upset or anything. Because I wasn't.

I don't know. Your avatar looks pretty angry.


Bumble's are sorely misunderstood soblue

We need this guy to get to the bottom of this.

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
While originally surprised by the news, as a long-time user of Amazon, I'm heartened by the fact that they went with Stripe. Along with my own business (www.crafthulhu.squarespace.com) and hundreds of others at SquareSpace and thousands around the country, including Microsoft, Stripe has proven a reliable partner for transactions.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.