Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The War Chief
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
BRING ME THE HEAD OF SETH NEMEC AND RIK FALCH!!!!!!
badge
In Memorial: Moose, my dog. B:? D:01/13/16. He died peacefully surrounded by those who loved him. You will be missed.
mbmbmbmbmb
Or a reference sheet? Just looking for something to hand out to new players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you taken a look at the back of the Learn to Play Guide?

(That's at least good start, just scan it and add stuff you think is needed.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mench
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been thinking about putting together all the stupid questions I've asked here into one single thread... But it would be as long as a rule book anyway. Everything I've wanted was in the learn to play or the RRG. The problem is for me knowing that it is there.

Ran into this last night. Mission said, ...must escape with item. Item was in a room, figured we needed to escape the room. Made sense, because further down the mission guide said escape thru entrance. Well. I was already in the mindset of being in a room, so I walked out the door and declared victory! Kiddos were pissed!

Then I decided to search the PDF of the RRG on my iPad for 'escape' and that post led me to 'entrance' and that changed the entire game.

ENTRANCE means Blue Star chip where Heroes enter board. Who woulda known??

Sorry for rant. Bottom line... Teach them what they need to know as you go and show them how to use the rules as references. I can't imagine how you could put a simple card together to play this one. But that's me. This is our first game like this.

M
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Louie
United States
Renton
WA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CaptainMench wrote:
I've been thinking about putting together all the stupid questions I've asked here into one single thread... But it would be as long as a rule book anyway. Everything I've wanted was in the learn to play or the RRG. The problem is for me knowing that it is there.

Ran into this last night. Mission said, ...must escape with item. Item was in a room, figured we needed to escape the room. Made sense, because further down the mission guide said escape thru entrance. Well. I was already in the mindset of being in a room, so I walked out the door and declared victory! Kiddos were pissed!

Then I decided to search the PDF of the RRG on my iPad for 'escape' and that post led me to 'entrance' and that changed the entire game.

ENTRANCE means Blue Star chip where Heroes enter board. Who woulda known??

Sorry for rant. Bottom line... Teach them what they need to know as you go and show them how to use the rules as references. I can't imagine how you could put a simple card together to play this one. But that's me. This is our first game like this.

M

I know what you mean. Sometimes when you are in the moment with a new board game and trying to explain/read rules with your group right there. Waiting PATIENTLY for you to explain more of what you read. Let's just say that things can be missed because of that... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Boardgamer
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love one as well.

I'm the person that teaches the games to everyone in my group, so having concise, this is what you do summary sheets are a must for me (Thanks BGG users, you've hooked me up fantastically for all my other games so far). It really makes teaching a new game so much fun, instead of a tedious task.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
You learn by playing, and you grasp the rules better when you see them in action. When I see/think of something that is maybe a bit wonky (during of after a game), I go back to the rules to check. We have made some mistakes, and then gone over them before the next session. 4 missions (and 2 sessions) in, I think we're 99% there, ruleswise.

(We're total newbies to this type of game, although not to complex games or FFG games in general.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have one that I put together for my wife (she is not a gamer but loves Star Wars). It seems to work pretty well, but it is only the sequence of play and a summary of the basic actions, it does not contain any of the Special Abilities or Surge or Strain effects from the cards (there is an entire rulebook full of those). I am considering making some cards with summaries of that stuff but have not gotten to it yet.

I would be happy to upload it here if I knew who (and how) to contact someone at FFG to get permission (I included the icons).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perrin Stewart
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully these guys will make one like they did for Descent:

http://www.orderofgamers.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
phunkysai wrote:
Hopefully these guys will make one like they did for Descent:

http://www.orderofgamers.com/

The Descent rules weren't nearly as well laid out as the IA rules are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perrin Stewart
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I still like having all (most of) the rules on one sheet though...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I went ahead and posted my version in the files section here. One error has been found so far (I just cannot keep up with all the threads about this game) and is noted in the comments.

I will update it after I get some more feedback.

I also posted a simple guide to the card decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jensen
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CaptainMench wrote:
... so I walked out the door and declared victory! Kiddos were pissed!

Poor kids.

At least you involve them in the play!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.