Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Champion Eternal
Malaysia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I notice the number of players for this game is '2-4'. How is this game playable by 4 players? What roles do they take?

The reason I am asking this is that our group would like to play wargames regularly, but 2-player wargames which we have a lot of, tend to defeat the purpose of arranging meetups for larger group of people (since 2-P games tend to be less social). The relative simple rules of BW looks like this might be suitable to introducing wargames to our mainly-Eurogames pals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Heller
United States
Barrington
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Mr. Eternal: The final round of the Prezcon Deluxe Bitter Woods Tournament was played as a four player campaign game. One player took the German Sixth Panzer Army, while another took the Fifth Panzer Army and Seventh Army. The Allied side was divided up via a designated mapboard line determined by the two Allied Players. Reinforcements were apportioned based on need as the situation arose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Champion Eternal
Malaysia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Randy: First of all, I am impressed with the articles, posts, etc. I have read on the internet about BW. Looks like a great game. I missed out on the AH version 'cos it was released at the time when I had no access to buying AH games. Also the enthusiastic reply from you confirms that BW has great support from the designer.

Randy, Ollie: Thanks for the replies. You guys have made me decide to order BW.

I might also get the expansion kit. Can you briefly describe what the expansion adds to the game? There is no BGG entry, but I have added it as a new game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Heller
United States
Barrington
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Champion - This is not a definitive answer, but should satisfy your curiosity. The Expansion Kit carries the campaign game into 1945, and adds another scenario. There is a counter sheet amounting to about 96 unit counters. IMO, the icing on the cake is an all color rules book that includes examples of play. Some gamers have been able to swing a deal with L2 that allows for the inclusion of the Expansion Kit in the game sale at no additional cost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.