Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Keyes
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
If i have three monsters in the sky and an investigator is forced out onto a street, do all three descend at once during the Mythos phase on that investigator?

Also, would an investigator have to make separate evade or combat attempts against multiple monsters, or is it all at once?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Monsters only move too and from the sky if their symbol is selected for movement. So all three flying creatures currently in the sky would only descend to an investigator in the street if they all had the same symbol and it was drawn on the mythos card.

Each creature in a space must be dealt with separately.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Peters
Germany
Boeblingen
Baden-Wuerttemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:
So all three flying creatures currently in the sky would only descend to an investigator in the street if they all had the same symbol and it was drawn on the mythos card.

Not exactly, since creatures in the sky ignore the black/white movement. So the creature move if they match any of the symbols on the mythos card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R T
Portugal
LX
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The creatures in the sky moves to the street if it symbol appears in the mythos card.
I have other questions in sequence of this:
First: The creatures can choose the player in street, but how randomize it? ( let players choose isn't fair )
Second: the same type o problem about the order of dealing with the creatures, of course a player will chose the easiest or the monster that take him/her to the nearest portal ( most of time I will choose this one )
By now we choose, but i would like an second opinion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
baalrukh wrote:

First: The creatures can choose the player in street, but how randomize it? ( let players choose isn't fair )

All the creatures assault the player with the worst sneak value. If ther is a tie the first player decides.

baalrukh wrote:

Second: the same type o problem about the order of dealing with the creatures, of course a player will chose the easiest or the monster that take him/her to the nearest portal ( most of time I will choose this one )

This is correct

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ilja Preuß
Germany
Karlsruhe
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
baalrukh wrote:

Choosing is correct, and I don't understand why that's a problem at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R T
Portugal
LX
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ugly me, read the manual long time ago and made a "small" diagram for help... forget to include the "must attack the character in the streets with the lowest sneak" blush

Quote:
Choosing is correct, and I don't understand why that's a problem at all.

Supose the Nightgaunt in the sky (pretty sight laugh ) and a Gug in Rivertown, you are in french hill and had been baddly beat (normal day in Arkham, lets twist a little, it's night snore ) Mythos card, guess, R'lyeh Rising, both monster moves next to you... Guess who I chose to fight first...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.