Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
1 Posts

6 nimmt!» Forums » Sessions

Subject: 2, 3 and 4 play 6 Nimmt! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
If I had any doubt that 6 Nimmt! (Take 6 aka Category 5) lacks in versatility, it is dispelled now. We played as a twosome, in a trio and a quartet, and had fun every time.

SH had played 3 times with me before, and as usual had already formulated some rules of thumb on how to play the numbers. D is a rather reluctant "recruit" into Euro-gaming. LY is a mahjong player and no slouch when learning games.

Our 2-player games were learning games where I showed the other player the rules. Since these take more turns and more rounds to finish, they offer good practice and a bit more time to figure the game. Although D didn't seem impressed when I explained the rules to her, she did take more interest as the game developed.

3- and 4-player games end faster (lasting 4-5 rounds) and offer greater thrills in seeing someone else "sweep the row" as we say. Delicious tension was more intense as we tried to psyche each other out. It was also wicked fun to deny others safe placements with our too-low cards. (My "best turn" was causing SH to pick up 14 bullheads and LY 27 bullheads by starting a fresh row with a single-digit card, at a "mere cost" of 2 bullheads to myself.

SH won 2 out of 3 bouts in our 3-players, but didn't do so well in our only 4-player game, overdosing on 76 bullheads and coming in last. LY won that game (only her 2nd), with very respectable 13 bullheads.

The more we play, the more addictive 6 Nimmt becomes. We only stopped due to the late hour. I believe SH will request for this game again. I told him about the profi variant and he is interested. So more fun ahead.

Altogether, I won only 2 of our 6 games (against newbies!), but I've accomplished the greater mission: introduce SH and LY to playing more Euro-style games, 6 Nimmt! and much more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.