Sisada Ransibrahmanakul
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkapi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
from rule book "A Building is any contiguous combination of Modules,
containing at least one Service Module".

I have read someone said a single service module is enough to make a building. But about half of my gaming group debated that it should have at least two modules (one as service module) to make a building.

Any suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
The argument of your friends can stand only so long as the additional module(s) don't have to include an active ROOM (for treatment). Otherwise, you could never erect 3 buildings on the smaller player board...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sisada Ransibrahmanakul
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkapi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
in ground floor of 3x3 we have

AR_
__R
C_B

where:
R=room
A,B,C = service module
and we have nothing no 1st floor

what am I asking is that "Is C currently consider as a building(and reward bonus point on game end)?" or it is require an additional module on 1st floor to make it consider as building.

sorry for my english.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
Sisada, I perfectly understood that, and your English is absolutely fine!

So far I think that your plan shows three buildings, as a single (and independent) Service Module (in your example, C) already constitutes a building. Not sure where it was said, but I think this was stated (or at least approved) by the author.

You could, of course, still implement a house rule stating that a building would have to have at least 2 modules. But then, you could not make it part of that rule that a building would have to have a Service Module and an active Room (well, that would need 3 modules, anyways).
...that is where what I wrote above comes in - the building with Service Module C can never have an active Room Module...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sisada Ransibrahmanakul
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkapi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for an answer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.