9 Posts

7 Wonders: Babel» Forums » General

Subject: What is your top score? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mikko Erkkilä
Finland
flag msg tools
My own high score is 141. 112 from science! + 5 points from babel tiles, that you can't see from the picture.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not trying to take away anything from your victory, but that is some terrible play on your opponents' part. No way anyone is allowed that much Science if you are paying attention.

Also, getting those three science leaders, the science guild, and the science great project? That is going o be an uncommon occurrence, to say the least. Nice job recognizing the opportunity and taking advantage of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Erkkilä
Finland
flag msg tools
We had 6 player game and only one other player was collecting science cards. Other four was really trying to destroy science cards, but they also tried to get scores to themselves.

I have to admit that those leaders, two science projects and that guild is almost like winning in a lottery. Vitruvius was vital to my strategy, because I made 16 money from chains ( Tile 5 on the third age ).

After all I was so happy with myself after this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bort
Australia
Brisbane
Qld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be happy too! I'd probably glue the cards in place and mount it on the wall

;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I might be missing something, but how did you play 5 leaders?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Erkkilä
Finland
flag msg tools
Rome allows you to play 5 leaders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Erkkilae wrote:
Rome allows you to play 5 leaders.

Ah, I've never played with Roma side B, and I didn't zoom the photo.

Thanks. Good score!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge
Switzerland
Lausanne
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice work, but really the rest of the table let you have a party...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Auxiliary Axis
msg tools
I think I had low 90s or high 80s. And this was without a goldfish draft.

Now I look at the 141 score, even if your science got slaughtered, your path to 3 sets is still pretty easy from the sheer fact that there are so many duplicate sciences.

I'm guessing the workshop was the first card, and with Alexandria to the left you would instantly pay 2 coins and contribute 1 to the Cranes project. With Stevie not only being free, but you started with a whopping 11 coins.

Then you went for the grays of the two sciences you didn't have. Since you knew all 8 of your leaders you also knew your first priority was a Wheel.

The hilarious thing was that you even had room to do military in age I or II. So you can afford to lose nearly 50 points from science and win in military instead.

I think from distribution alone you pretty much won. Even if people taxed you, you would take debt tokens if you really needed coins. Not only that but even if tile 13 chain tax was out, you still can use Cranes' free building token to bypass chaining too (although moot since you have Vitrivius anyways).

I'm pretty sure some science denial happened. Unfortunately, there are TWO libraries, meaning you weren't in any danger of incomplete sciences.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.