Subject: Event Cards maximum and minimum clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Stepnowski

Halethorpe
Maryland
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Question: The event card Min. 6 Thalers the rule book says "The minimum revenue of the action "Collect taxes" is 6 Thalers, even if the county grants less."

So what if the county does grant less? Do you collect 6 Thalers or 0 Thalers?

I thought the rules for the Maximum cards were self explanatory but the minimum cards seem ambiguous.

Help please.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Schuster
Germany
Bretten
Baden-W├╝rttemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I dont see how the minimum card is ambiguous.

You collect 6 Thalers even when the county grants less. It says just that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Stepnowski

Halethorpe
Maryland
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't see how the event could be taken to mean that taxation from a county that has less could mean that it is not allowed? Thematically it would make sense right, if a county can produce so much wheat or thalers then why all of a sudden do you get a bonus? That doesn't make sense. To me it seems like those counties are untaxable for that round, that's why I said it was ambiguous. Like if I said "the minimum age is 21 even if your age is less" doesn't mean everyone that is less than 21 is bumped up to 21.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Stearns
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bob I understand what you are saying but that is not how we interpret. I think you need to be consistent with how the other cards are played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Schuster
Germany
Bretten
Baden-W├╝rttemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If tax revenue is less than 6, it is 6. There is no 0 in this whole equation. I dont see any logic in setting tax revenue to 0 according to this definition.

"The minimum revenue of the action "Collect taxes" is 6 Thalers, even if the county grants less."

Where is the 0 ? Just take what is there, dont add anything by interpretation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Stepnowski

Halethorpe
Maryland
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok got it. Thanks guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Mikols
United States
Avondale
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thematically it's just saying your tax collectors flipped a few mattresses, stomped out a few 'loose' floorboards and were able to squeeze some more cash out of the locals.
Just the opposite with the max war chest... The locals hid their money well or just simply didn't have any money.
And with the max and min rice, it was either a good or bad harvest that spring/summer/fall.
The events coming after the planning would be pretty devastating if a min 6 came up and you were taxing for a 5 only with the op translation. While that creates tension it could potentially bury you for a season or two or even a game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Stepnowski

Halethorpe
Maryland
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good interpretation. Thanks Chris.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.