Popular Tags: [View All]
Marc Kolb
United States
Highland Park
NJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering how this expansion works... It is described as:

"This mini-expansion introduces a press-your-luck element to the game, as well as super weapons with uniquely powerful abilities. These weapons can be destroyed for Victory Points and Energy."

Is the rulebook or any other info available for this?

(I'm already backing this for the deluxe, so I'm already sold. I love Scott Almes games. I have TEK Deluxe and I'm waiting on Harbour and TED Deluxe.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's on the Kickstarter page...the link is towards the bottom along with the rules of the base game. I believe this is the link.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3AuMyvCHVj7d09HdHRjbzZnNEE...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow I had no idea the kickstart happened already. When did that go live?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Almes
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Under "Game Rules" on the kickstarter page we have a preview set of rules.

But, in a nutshell:

When you reach certain levels on your upgrade track, you get to place a satellite on one of the central planets. Whoever gets this planet collects the satellite, which is worth 1 point at the end of the game. So, it's something fun to fight over.

At the beginning of the game, there is a super weapon flipped over. If you have a satellite, you can spend it (instead of holding it for points) to activate the powerful ability. (There is some really cool stuff there)

And, because we love star wars, you can fly a ship over and blow up the super weapon (it's not a moon) for points. Then a new super weapon comes into play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Almes
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
danlicata wrote:
Wow I had no idea the kickstart happened already. When did that go live?

32 minutes ago at the time of me writing this
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scottbalmes wrote:

And I was going to complain about not getting an email that it had started lol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
danlicata wrote:
scottbalmes wrote:

...and it funded in 49 minutes!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Luchetti
United States
Glastonbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
njshaw2 wrote:
danlicata wrote:
scottbalmes wrote:

...and it funded in 49 minutes!

holy cow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scottbalmes wrote:

But, in a nutshell:

When you reach certain levels on your upgrade track, you get to place a satellite on one of the central planets. Whoever gets this planet collects the satellite, which is worth 1 point at the end of the game. So, it's something fun to fight over.

At the beginning of the game, there is a super weapon flipped over. If you have a satellite, you can spend it (instead of holding it for points) to activate the powerful ability. (There is some really cool stuff there)

And, because we love star wars, you can fly a ship over and blow up the super weapon (it's not a moon) for points. Then a new super weapon comes into play.

Scott - the satellite that gets placed on the super weapon, can that be one of the initial three you have or one of the ones you've collected from claiming a planet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Almes
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
garry_rice wrote:
scottbalmes wrote:

But, in a nutshell:

Scott - the satellite that gets placed on the super weapon, can that be one of the initial three you have or one of the ones you've collected from claiming a planet?

You only get satellites by collecting them off a planet. So, you start with zero satellites, and have to gain them by collecting them from a planet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scottbalmes wrote:
garry_rice wrote:
scottbalmes wrote:

But, in a nutshell:

You only get satellites by collecting them off a planet. So, you start with zero satellites, and have to gain them by collecting them from a planet.

Got it...thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Riddle
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the expansion fit in the original box. It's vain I know, but I like the one tiddy package

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Almes
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
TheGatorDude wrote:
Does the expansion fit in the original box. It's vain I know, but I like the one tiddy package

It will, yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Riddle
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
scottbalmes wrote:
TheGatorDude wrote:

It will, yes

You just sold a deluxe copy, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl with one "R"
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there somewhere that lists info for the Super Weapons (i.e., what each Super Weapon card does in the game)? I only see one on the Kickstarter page.

I'd like to know how attacky these cards are toward other players. I assume they're all fairly attacky (since they are Super Weapons, after all!), but I'd like some confirmation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Almes
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
nbread wrote:
Is there somewhere that lists info for the Super Weapons (i.e., what each Super Weapon card does in the game)? I only see one on the Kickstarter page.

I'd like to know how attacky these cards are toward other players. I assume they're all fairly attacky (since they are Super Weapons, after all!), but I'd like some confirmation.

There's a mix of both attacky and non-attacky cards. And, if you don't like the attacky cards, you can blow them up before anybody uses them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.