Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Roderick
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can a Prophet move through a city that has a destruction cube placed in it?

We played that they could, but I wanted to check with the brain trust.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Hill
United States
Cross Plains
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Kings of Israel
mbmbmbmbmb
lordrodd wrote:
Can a Prophet move through a city that has a destruction cube placed in it?

We played that they could, but I wanted to check with the brain trust.

Thanks

That question just came up recently! No, prophets can no longer move through that location and if that location is destroyed while they are there the prophet must use their first action to leave that site (if possible).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Kamps
United States
Richmond
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
we played that prophets couldn't travel through a destroyed city, but were wondering the same thing.

However, we were supposed to destroy the city w/ the most sin (cubes) in it, & we had a 3 way tie. We weren't sure if there was an official "tie-breaker" so we just chose one of the "tied" cities that would be most advantageous for us to not be able to travel through. Is this what we should have done I wonder?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Roderick
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thebrainy wrote:

That question just came up recently! No, prophets can no longer move through that location and if that location is destroyed while they are there the prophet must use their first action to leave that site (if possible).

Sorry, I asked while at work and didn't think that was the same card that had caused that for us. I checked when I got home and found out that it was. Not sure how we missed the part on the card that said you couldn't move through. Thanks for the quick response. :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Hill
United States
Cross Plains
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Kings of Israel
mbmbmbmbmb
rockxhero wrote:
we played that prophets couldn't travel through a destroyed city, but were wondering the same thing.

However, we were supposed to destroy the city w/ the most sin (cubes) in it, & we had a 3 way tie. We weren't sure if there was an official "tie-breaker" so we just chose one of the "tied" cities that would be most advantageous for us to not be able to travel through. Is this what we should have done I wonder?

Yes, you get to choose which location is destroyed. When there is a tie for something to occur the group gets to decide (or the starting player if unable to decide).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Cockburn
United Kingdom
Sleaford
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just played a game where two cities were destroyed, one immediately after the other (due to a short reign in a 3-player game where two Sin and Punishment cards occurred consecutively.) I assumed (rightly it seems) that you couldn't even move through these cities. This had the effect of making the city between the two destroyed cities also inaccessible for the remainder of the game.

I suppose this just goes to show that it is important to manage your Foretold Events better.

And come to think of it, I suppose it could have been worse. What if one of the prophets was trapped in that inaccessible city?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.