flag msg tools
designer
NSKN are publishing my next game :)
badge
Omega Centauri Published in 2014
mbmbmbmbmb
11.5 Naval Combat

Quote:
The player who suffered the fewer losses (in NSPs) is the Victor. The player who suffers more NSP losses is the Loser. If NSP losses are equal it is a ‘draw’, and the moving units are treated as Losers.

Are the moving units the fleet that actually moved to cause the combat, or the fleet of the current active player? I think it's the former - so if you intercept and the result is a draw you have to retreat your intercepting force back to the port they started from, but this section makes me think I'm wrong:

Quote:
The Victor either stays in the Space in which the battle took place, or, if it was the moving force, continues movement if possible.

If I intecept using 1 MP (maximum range for inteception is 2MP) and win must I then continue to move, using the other 1MP?

Finally with successfully avoiding Naval combat - rule is
Quote:
If Naval Combat has been avoided, the moving units return to the Port from which they started their movement. Otherwise, Naval Combat occurs.

Again does this mean the intercepting force returns and the active player can continue moving their fleet? - or the active player if they successfully avoid naval combat has to return anyway (seems to make intercepting very powerful if that's the case).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard H. Berg
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Are the moving units the fleet that actually moved to cause the combat, or the fleet of the current active player? I think it's the former - so if you intercept and the result is a draw you have to retreat your intercepting force back to the port they started from, but this section makes me think I'm wrong:

>>>The fleets that were involved in the actual combat, so you are correct.

If I intecept using 1 MP (maximum range for inteception is 2MP) and win
must I then continue to move, using the other 1MP?

>>>>Interception is not Movement in the game sense, so you donm't continuie to move.

Again does this mean the intercepting force returns and
the active player can continue moving their fleet?

>>>> If the Interception feels the Intercepting fleet returns to where ikt started, and the active player continues to move his Fleet.

RHB

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.