Jimmy Hensel
United States
Bryan
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Have games, Will travel
mbmbmbmbmb
After a few 2-player games (print and play version available during the Kickstarter campaign) and one 4-player game, the game seems solid 2-player but better with more. I'm wondering what experiences others are having playing the game 2-player versus more players, especially with the production version which I expect to receive shortly.

Thanks.

(Edited for grammar)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Chang
Australia
Gold Coast
Queensland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The dynamic of the game is quite different for 2-player games compared to 3 or more. 2-player games are much more competitive which keep players' attention on the opponent. For 3 and more players, the game state is more volatile from turn to turn, which gives players some buffer to concentrate on their own tableau.

Between Alistair and myself, we've done more playtests with 2-players than with any other player count. I think once players are quite familiar with the contract abilities and understand the dynamics of the Exchange system and contract challenges, the game is very engaging at 2-players.

If players are all quite new to the game, 3 or more player games offer more room for players to experiment with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Hensel
United States
Bryan
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Have games, Will travel
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked Richard Ham (Rahdo) if he considered this game, and he responded that he was under the impression that it required at least 3 players. I think it would be neat if he did a run through on it. Generally, he only does run throughs on games that play well with 2 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Chang
Australia
Gold Coast
Queensland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've approached Rahdo a while back. He was initially enthusiastic. Shortly after the campaign was over, he had a read through the rules and posed the concern that it might not be suitable for him and his wife.

I don't recall him stating what exactly wasn't suitable but I assumed it was due to players being able to issue contract challenges and I know he's not keen on "take that" elements in a game.

However, I may have assumed incorrectly. It may simply be a case of him mistaking that it's a 3+ player only game.

Either way, if he's ever keen on trying the game out, I'd be more than happy to send him a copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.