Legendary: Guardians of the Galaxy» Forums » Rules

Subject: Infinity Gem Villains rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan S
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just finally played the first game with GOG last night.

Questions:

1) Once the cards have been drawn into your hand, do they count as heroes? Such as for purposes of being pulled into Thanos' bound soul pile?

2) When played from your hand, do you use the attack on that initial turn as you would a hero? And then after that turn the card becomes an artifact?

or

3) When played, is the card instantly an artifact where it can only be used for its stated artifact function?

4) Are the shards tokens, "counters" where you add up all of the shard numbers? or are they used is some kind of blind draw, where you just pick one of the tokens from a bag and then place it wherever? I assume they are counters and you just flip tokens to keep track, just want to cover all the points that came up in our first game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian L
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dan8765309 wrote:
Just finally played the first game with GOG last night.

Questions:

1) Once the cards have been drawn into your hand, do they count as heroes? Such as for purposes of being pulled into Thanos' bound soul pile?

2) When played from your hand, do you use the attack on that initial turn as you would a hero? And then after that turn the card becomes an artifact?

or

3) When played, is the card instantly an artifact where it can only be used for its stated artifact function?

4) Are the shards tokens, "counters" where you add up all of the shard numbers? or are they used is some kind of blind draw, where you just pick one of the tokens from a bag and then place it wherever? I assume they are counters and you just flip tokens to keep track, just want to cover all the points that came up in our first game.

1) Yes. Once they are in your hand, they count as Heroes to be selected by any effect on the field, including Thanos' bound soul effect.

2) The turn that you play an artifact card, you can use it's color and printed effects as you would any other hero/ally card. In following turns, you will not be able to count the artifact as playing a required card type/color for combo effects. This answers question 3 as well.

4) The shards are counters. Take a counter with a "1" printed on it when you gain your first, then, much like the banking system in Monopoly, "make change" for your counters when necessary. (Instead of 3 "1" counters, take 1 "3" counter)

Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
Kamesama wrote:

1) Yes. Once they are in your hand, they count as Heroes to be selected by any effect on the field, including Thanos' bound soul effect.

Wrong. Quoting the rulebook here:

Infinity gems you've defeated have a 0 cost, have no color/hero class, and don't count as hero cards or villain cards.

Infinity gems are no more hero cards than wounds are. Thanos won't take any of them.

Kamesama wrote:

2) The turn that you play an artifact card, you can use it's color and printed effects as you would any other hero/ally card. In following turns, you will not be able to count the artifact as playing a required card type/color for combo effects. This answers question 3 as well.

Correct, but just to make it clear, Infinity Gems have no color.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian L
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GrandMasterFox wrote:
Kamesama wrote:

Infinity gems you've defeated have a 0 cost, have no color/hero class, and don't count as hero cards or villain cards.

Infinity gems are no more hero cards than wounds are. Thanos won't take any of them.

Kamesama wrote:

Ah! You are correct. I should really stop this early morning posting. I was addressing Artifacts in general, not the Infinity Gems! My apologies!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan S
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GrandMasterFox wrote:
Kamesama wrote:

Kamesama wrote:

Thanks ... Lastly:

#2) The cards are not heroes, but do you still get to use the printed attack when you play them from your hand?

#3) Do you get the artifact ability on the turn when you play them from your hand? Or does it not turn into an artifact until your next turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
Dan8765309 wrote:

Thanks ... Lastly:

#2) The cards are not heroes, but do you still get to use the printed attack when you play them from your hand?

#3) Do you get the artifact ability on the turn when you play them from your hand? Or does it not turn into an artifact until your next turn?

2) No. They become artifacts and you only get their artifact ability

3) You get them every turn once you have played them including on that turn. The only exception is the one that states specifically that it only works when first played

(I think it's the time one, but don't have the cards in front of me)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan S
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome, thanks.

Our big question was whether or not we get the attack points on the play from hand turn. We gave them to ourselves lest night ... probably the only reason we actually beat Thanos!

I guess we have to fight fair this evening for round 2!

GrandMasterFox wrote:
Dan8765309 wrote:

Thanks ... Lastly:

2) No. They become artifacts and you only get their artifact ability

3) You get them every turn once you have played them including on that turn. The only exception is the one that states specifically that it only works when first played

(I think it's the time one, but don't have the cards in front of me)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bird
United States
Greensboro
NC - North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dan8765309 wrote:
Awesome, thanks.

Our big question was whether or not we get the attack points on the play from hand turn. We gave them to ourselves lest night ... probably the only reason we actually beat Thanos!

I guess we have to fight fair this evening for round 2!

We made this same mistake the first couple of times we played with them. Then I noticed that there are no Attack points listed in the lower left where heroes' Attack points are listed -- only in the lower right, where heroes' Cost is listed. That was a bummer :-/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.