Subject: Can we hide our profession/bonus cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sebastien Levesque
Canada
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Can we hide our profession/bonus cards from other players? Yesterday, my friend wanted to do a work but asked me how many bonus card I had before doing his move. My guess was that he wanted to know if he had a shot at the "Best" work or not.

Anyone knows if we can hide our profession/bonus cards from others or we have to show them?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giacomo Mangiarano
Italy
Castellana Grotte
(BA)
flag msg tools
Use the force
badge
Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen
mbmbmbmbmb
Only money has to be hidden. Bonus card, profession card are a pubblic information....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Spade
United States
Elizabethtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have always played that the number of cards you have is open information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Montero
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I'll take Manhattan in a garbage bag. With Latin written on it that says "It's hard to give a shit these days"
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always played so that the number of cards you've got is public information. Which ones they are is secret.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Orleans
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
starpino wrote:
Only money has to be hidden. Bonus card, profession card are a pubblic information....

Money is public too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Money is not public, no. Per the rules. Which is odd given how easy it is to see how much money everyone else has unless they go to serious efforts to hide it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Orleans
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
dkeisen wrote:
Money is not public, no. Per the rules.

Wow, sorry, I guess I haven't looked at the rules in a while. I have never played with money hidden, nor has anyone I played with ever even suggested the possibility. I can't see any reason to add a gratuitous memory element to this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Spade
United States
Elizabethtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DougOrleans wrote:
dkeisen wrote:
Money is not public, no. Per the rules.

Wow, sorry, I guess I haven't looked at the rules in a while. I have never played with money hidden, nor has anyone I played with ever even suggested the possibility. I can't see any reason to add a gratuitous memory element to this game.

In my experience, PoF tournaments are generally played with money open, though this is technically a "variant".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Dupree
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We used to play with money open in my gaming group, until someone noticed (or was it that a new member pointed it out?) Now most people hide their money under one or more of their cards. It's actually kind of annoying - I would prefer to go back to the "old days."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.